ben wyatt of wyatts of snetterton

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
rogerjones

ben wyatt of wyatts of snetterton

Post #1 by rogerjones » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:27 pm

roger jones known as crazey horse genral forman for ben worked 26 years in total operated 657 and all other plant.to work for ben you had to be able to keep the plant running. any one can operate new plant.it takes skill to keep old plant running and still finish contracts ahead of time and make momey,as i did when i was forman.worked on washington bypass.. castle donington air field.m90 .a66 ipswitch bypass. felixstowe bypass.beyton bypass.and the list goes on.he was the best gaffer i worked for .worked for wimpey minning .f l gamble for 19 years after ben now retired to cumbria.i still miss the crack.couldent have had a better time working with plant . i would like to contact joe wyatt and dave thomas and any one else who i worked with if you worked under me you would never forget as i was no one to mess with .crazey horsei still have red chrome name plate they gave me on the ipswisch bypass ben did for costains .allso like to hear from allen grosett

Topic author
rogerjones

Re: ben wyatt of wyatts of snetterton

Post #2 by rogerjones » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 pm

crazey horse again people i have lost contact with alister anderson who was my best man at my wedding in cockermouth while workingon a66 allso marshal scott who worked on the a66.allso gorden hounslow worked with me.jimmy sandelerson on ipswitch by pass and big hank .allso john baiiley i think he lives in linconshire.be backon at future date as of in our motor home for a break.

bob
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by bob » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Hank died a few years ago I put a few photos on here of Felixstowe and Hopton I remembered that crap post office van you bought at Cockermouth booldy thing I had to drive it back from Glenfarg to Snetterton at night no wipers and about 50 flat out.Didnt you have your car or van ran over at Beyton seem to remember driver with his bag hitching a lift home down a45 :lol:
Wyatts of Snetterton

flatie

Post #4 by flatie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:32 am

has anyone got photos when you done the rail link from felixstowe port to trimley railway station? i used to spend hrs watching you boys while not at school. im now a machine operator myself and somtimes work with alan deal he used to drive a cat 235 down on that job.

kingfisher_61

Post #5 by kingfisher_61 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 am

rogerjones wrote:crazey horse again people i have lost contact with alister anderson who was my best man at my wedding in cockermouth while workingon a66 allso marshal scott who worked on the a66.allso gorden hounslow worked with me.jimmy sandelerson on ipswitch by pass and big hank .allso john baiiley i think he lives in linconshire.be backon at future date as of in our motor home for a break.

hi, i had Gordon Hounslow and eight R35's of Bens on hire to a firm i worked for in 1986 in North Yorks, in fact there was 13 R35's to keep eight working, all a pile of junk lol.

Judy Page

Post #6 by Judy Page » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi I m Bob Page's daughter he worked for Ben Wyatt till 1972, He is 87 now and still live in Bungay, we are still in touch with John Bailey and he visit Bungay quite regularly....

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #7 by Holger » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello Judy and welcome to CMN!
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
rogerjones

Post #8 by rogerjones » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Judy Page wrote:Hi I m Bob Page's daughter he worked for Ben Wyatt till 1972, He is 87 now and still live in Bungay, we ae still in touch with John Bailey and he visit Bungay quitre regularly....
hi judy bob should remember me i was at washington with dick plesants arther charlton eric day harrey hopwood george pearson malcomb fagun. we all stayed at bethewans in digs in scotland when we where at west feilds open cast .bob, eric day, dave loose ,jack hunter,and me roger jones aske bob about the breakfasts she yous to cook them at5 am we left for coal site at 6 30 egges where like rubber hope bob is well i now live in cumbria in an old pub.hope to hear back crazey horse

bob finney

Post #9 by bob finney » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 pm

iworkedfor the mr Ben Wyatt in1956 1 had been working @ Cambridge for
w c French with there black and white colours i was out of work on my
way to Norfolk in search of work i got a puncture in my motor bike a
matchless 350 and was pushing it along the main road in dis's this car
pulled up and this goy asked if he could help took me home in dis's
to his place introduced me to his brother who walked wih a stick also
his sister that looked after the house the,n ext day puncture fixed
offer of a job driving a tractor from Ben and offer of a job driving a
truck from his brother a freezer trail or from his brother they had
just got a contract with birds eye to carry the first loads of frozen
produce in kings lynn thats the start of the story did a few weeks
work driving a cat d2 ploughing and my first pay was from the dis's
ploughing & cultivating company and i still retain it, @ that time
bens company was called wyattsof diss eathmoving is it the same co as
Wyatt's of snetterton if it is i have alot more to forward to you all

bob
Flag: Great Britain

Post #10 by bob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:37 pm

bob finney wrote:iworkedfor the mr Ben Wyatt in1956
my first pay was from the dis's
ploughing & cultivating company and i still retain it, @ that time
bens company was called wyattsof diss eathmoving is it the same co as
Wyatt's of snetterton if it is i have alot more to forward to you all

Wyatts of snetterton is the same company that you worked for at Diss Ben move from Diss to his brother Perns farm on Snetterton airfield in to a ww2 aircraft hanger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scrapers”