762 JohnDeere repair

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
TaylorLambert

762 JohnDeere repair

Post #1 by TaylorLambert » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:04 am

Heres a link to one of our 762 Deere scrapers. THis is a 4000 dollar beauty we picked up from another small landfill thats ending its time. Its had a rough life the landfill labor force is mainly convicts on trustee duty and county employees that didnt care. Grease worms have been at her bushes and pins. We are slowy working all the kinks out. Redid the injectors and a few leaks. I ve notice on the ocsillation hitch upright it has some swelling and the elevator frame was warped from a roll over. On to the point of the picture. I had a new hand cutting a bank down and bringing me cover for a lift. He came to me and said the bowl wouldnt come up.

I got on it it raised fine. Then after a few adjustment raises it got tough. I checked linkages and realized after it sat a few minutes it worked fine a few minutes. I pulled the control pin and pryed the spool and it got the bowl up enough to get into the shed. I never had done the valve work on the 762. I did replace a hose on the valve on another one once took 8 hours and 2 folks. One spotting and the other wrenching. Deere engineers for one reson or another put the 4 hoses on the very bottom and you cant get a wrench in it with out mods. On this job I got to looking suposedly Im getting wiser at 31 instead of 21. I blocked it up and pulled the tire and wheel and fender and low and behold it was all right there. I pulled the 4 bowl hoses and then dropped the valve body. I noticed the ejector spool clevis yoke was broken off one ear and wired on. I made a new end and welded it on. Then removed the detent and spool from the bowl lift valve and got my books out. I went to Deere for a set of seals and Orings. I found some inner ports clogged with oring bits.

THe main problem was some rust from its life of sitting in the spool cap bleeder/ weep hole filter. Deere told mt to drill a pin hol in the back like the newer ones had. It works great now.

It took less than 6 hours to do the whole valve spool job, but while it was down I replaced all the hoses I could get to wile they were accessible. I did run into a problem fitting that had been on so log it had to be heater cherry red with the gas axe to get it to break lose.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr78/tumblebugtaylor/007.jpg

Return to “Scrapers”