Topic author
tim
Flag: Great Britain

ROCON TS14

Post #1 by tim » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 pm

TS141.JPG
TS142.JPG
TS143.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Re: ROCON TS14

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Great old time photos Tim,

That old TS must of had a respray at some point ???? Very Grey???

Do you live around the North Hampshire area ? I can recall Rocon and #i think they were based around the Basingstoke area or somewhere nearby :dizzy:

Done a fair bit of work up that way myself over the years from when I used to live in my hometown city of Southampton :thumbs_up:

Hope you have more of these great shots Tim :thumbs_up:

Nick :mrgreen:

d4c24a

Post #3 by d4c24a » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 pm

great pictures tim :thumbs_up: ,do you know where they were taken i will show them to my partners dad next time he is here, i asked him about foster bros he said the owners passed away and the firm finished i could not remember the name of the other one at the time ,i see you are in the tipper business ,are you keeping busy
thanks for posting
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

John Gaunt

Post #4 by John Gaunt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:12 am

Great pictures Tim, keep em comming !

Topic author
tim

Post #5 by tim » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:24 pm

Hello Nick I live in West Sussex but work in Surrey I have lived around the Surrey/Sussex border south of Guildford all my life I used to see Rocon around the area occasionally,the biggest local firms were Dragon plant hire in Guildford and Marsh Plant in Godalming. sadly i dont have much in the way of plant photos but have some old brochures and pages i have kept from old plant magazines Some of these have interesting photos on but i am not sure about the legality of putting them on the website because of copyright. However i see there are some brochure pictures on this site so i posted the Rocon pictures taken from a brochure i have had for quite a number of years. :thumbs_up: Perhaps one or more of the members might know about the legalities concening pictures in magazines and brochures Cheers Tim

Topic author
tim

Post #6 by tim » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:08 pm

Hello Graham thanks for asking about Foster Bros i used to see CAT 951's a POCLAIN LC80 and AEC 6 wheel tippers around our area in the late 60's/early70's.I think they were quite big contractors in their time. I dont know where the Rocon pics were taken perhaps your partners dad may know.Rocons put a road and area for oil drilling in between Chiddingfold and Witley in the 70's he may remember that. I am an employed tipper driver , been driving tippers for 7 years, before that skip lorries. work has been a bit slow since christmas but picking up now, the wet weather has'nt helped.I enjoyed the road planing pics, i saw Osmonds on the Farnham to Odiham road i think it was last week, their plant and low loaders look tidy cheers Tim

Nick Drew

Post #7 by Nick Drew » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:38 pm

tim wrote:Hello Nick I live in West Sussex but work in Surrey I have lived around the Surrey/Sussex border south of Guildford all my life I used to see Rocon around the area occasionally,the biggest local firms were Dragon plant hire in Guildford and Marsh Plant in Godalming. sadly i dont have much in the way of plant photos but have some old brochures and pages i have kept from old plant magazines Some of these have interesting photos on but i am not sure about the legality of putting them on the website because of copyright. However i see there are some brochure pictures on this site so i posted the Rocon pictures taken from a brochure i have had for quite a number of years. :thumbs_up: Perhaps one or more of the members might know about the legalities concening pictures in magazines and brochures Cheers Tim

Hi Tim,

Very interesting mate, :thumbs_up: I had not heard of Dragon plant but I know Marsh Plant very well as my late Father worked for them for over 17 yrs working out of the Southampton depot.
I worked down West Sussex way also on numerous occasions notably on a hotel and golf course complex where my employer at the time Swanwick Construction done all the groundworks and dug and constructed a lake with cascading waterfalls.
Also on a few housing sites around Christchurch.

Nice county I always thought?

Nick :mrgreen:

d4c24a

Post #8 by d4c24a » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 am

did dragon plant become part of the gamble group , i remember going to work with my dad at crown woods in bracknell clearing it for housing development and dragon plant came to do the phase next door,i can remember a d6 and box and some tracked shovels i think :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
tim

Post #9 by tim » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Yes Graham they sold out to gambles in the late 80,s/early 90,s. The firm had always been owned by R Holford &co builders and their yard was opposite Dragons yard in walnut tree close They had everything from small plant to D6 and box, track shovels hymacs ,coles and smith mobile cranes,backhoe loaders,tippers,low loaders,rollers and at one time an early concrete pump mounted on a mercedes unimog. their lorries and cranes were painted orange.In the 60,s and 70,s they were the biggest plant firm around guildford. tim

nick lamb

Post #10 by nick lamb » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:43 am

here's a green one and a yellow one.
yellow is a bit more reliable than green ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scrapers”