ROCON TS14

Discuss scrapers here

footsfitter
Flag: Great Britain

Re: ROCON TS14

Post #21 by footsfitter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 am

I remember watching Dave Michell trying to load a 580C Hymac over the side on his all steel Woodhall lowoader, it was a frosty morning in the yard and just as he gingerly got up on the bed he slewed and off she slid ending half on and off the other side!!

I occasionally helped out with the lorries, more the odd running repair if Cliff Cowdray the lorry fitter was busy. There was also the odd onsite lorry breakdown (they had 6 Albion Reivers and a pair of Leyland bisons with the funny engine that had a block and cylinder head all in one, plus 3-4 Ford D series) I went down to Ower when they were fiddling around near the end of the M27, one of the Bisons had just filled up with Derv on an agency card when on the next trip he ran over something in the demolition rubble that one of the drive wheels kicked up puncturing a 6" x 10" hole in the round 45 gallon sized tank! Another good bison one was at Bramshill tip near the Police college they were running in muck, up tipped a bison and the clay stuck on the top of the tailboard. This yanked the body up pretty quickly and when the ram was at full stretch it simply popped out one of the locking collars allowing the extended tipping ram to fall down laid along the chassis braces, the body had gone right up and was sat on its tailboard.

I got sent out to look at it, ending up being lifted in the bucket of a Selwoods 22RB to attach a longish chain to the body which would allow them to let me down to the ground before letting the body down as best they could with the jerky air operated drag line. Not much H&S in those days!

ff

Donate Blood Now!! http://www.blood.co.uk 40yrs of a Hampshire Farm on video- http://tinyurl.com/ygkm6w7

Topic author
tim
Flag: Great Britain

Re: ROCON TS14

Post #22 by tim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 pm

A Hymac 580C belonging to Dragon Plant Hire of Guildford who were mentioned in this thread.:thumbup: Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scrapers”