Cat 615C Elevating scraper

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Cat 615C Elevating scraper

Post #21 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Here's the next few shots; the first six pictures show the scraper getting out of trouble, will post more when time permits, incidently the camcorder video came out okay too so I guess I'll have to learn how Youtube works :eh:

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by bigkit » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

MGI

Post #23 by MGI » Sun May 01, 2011 11:09 am

LMS had a Cat/Johnson elevating scraper on the extension of the M5 immediately South of the M50 interchange. They used it for the formation. LMS (Leman? Mackenzie Shand) were building the elevated section of the M5 at the same time around J2. I remember a D8 getting seriously bogged & then breaking down - a fairly young fitter came out in a van to repair it, unfortunately he had to remove the belly plate which was under tons of muck... he 'phoned HQ and explained the reason he was unable to progress the matter without some form of special equipment etc. His foreman fitter told him that the item of special equipment he required was actually on his van, the fitter expressed his surprise and asked for a description of this kit as he was unaware of its location - the FF said "it's called a shovel"! Those were the days! That elevating scraper was the only one I've ever seen, it did well in the red clay that it was civilising.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #24 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Here's a few more pictures of Agripower's kit; also shows their lowloader and a couple more of their Kobelco 360 excavator. I will try and post a few more detailed shots of the scrapers when they are resized.
I will be going back to this site to take more pictures but not until the rest of the kit is on site, there should be a D4 dozer coming on site too.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #25 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Okay so this is my first ever attempt at Youtube :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up303L49jEU

Jeremy

Nick Drew

Post #26 by Nick Drew » Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Okay so this is my first ever attempt at Youtube :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up303L49jEU

Jeremy

Fantastic stuff Jeremy :bow:

Have you had much crack with the operators on site ?

Nick :D

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #27 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu May 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Well Nick I did have quite a long chat with the one lad there and I will be once again when the weather looks to be a good day and I can book a day off work.
They are supposed to be having a dozer on site too so I want to get some shots and footage of that if possible.
I will take my tripod this time to try and improve the quality of the footage.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #28 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri May 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Well I have a couple of days holiday to use up so I called in to see how the Agripower job was coming along and I must say that it's nearly done!
I spent most of the day taking photo's and some camcorder footage which I am hoping to post on Youtube, I must thank Kevin and the other lads who work for Agripower as they did not mind me being there taking shots and filming them :thumbup: thanks lads!

For me it's a rare pleasure to be able to film and photograph scrapers at work as these machines are not used very much in this country let alone near to where I live; anyway on to the pictures I have no particular order for them these are a few random shots of all the kit that was in use by Agripower today.
It was interesting to watch how the batters were made using their Kobelco 360 degree excavator to dig and grade and the one scraper to shift the muck.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #29 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri May 13, 2011 11:20 pm

And a few more from today...............................

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #30 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun May 15, 2011 9:23 am

Okay here are the last set of pictures that I am going to post from my visit to the site on Friday, the Kobelco was being used to grade the batters and the scraper was moving the excess soil and distributing it evenly where it was required.
I will hopefully upload some footage onto Youtube and post a link here when this is done as I do have some half decent close up footage.

Jeremy

Return to “Scrapers”