Good ole days

Discuss scrapers here

mash

Re: Good ole days

Post #31 by mash » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:55 pm

,hi haz, i,m mash am trying to work out who you are as i worked with poncho on nights at seaforth dock liverpool, on a 631,then landed in stoke with sackem and tommy lamb, sackem lives down the road from me, hope to hear from you,

poncho

Post #32 by poncho » Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 am

Hi Mash.glad you remember me. If you browse through scrapers of the 70`s you can click onPonchos pictures there is a load of photos of some of the jobs we were on. Im of to france in our caravan for a few weeks I hope to catch up with you and Haz as I have not heard from him for a while. Poncho.

poncho

Post #33 by poncho » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 am

sorry mash pictures are on page 1 not scrapers of the 70`s.Poncho

McGrath

Post #34 by McGrath » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Haz, great to find that I'm not the only old bore who still thinks that a 22A & 463 box was the gratest tractor scraper combination of all time, that driving a 24 flat out with both feet hard on the floor was as good as sex (well perhaps not quite!) and that I'm 22 not 72 and could still do six and a half twelve hour shifts a week and be out on the pop every night. Great times to have the crack about, but let's not get carried aways, it was hard work. We took delivery of a new D6 highdrive, tiller stear, all singing and dancing machine on the last job I was on before I parked up, naturally I had to have a drive, wonderfull thing. While I waffled on about how easy it was compared with 'the old days' the driver was complaining about the poor quality of 'the in cab entertainment and the A.C.' Say no more!

mash

Post #35 by mash » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 pm

hi poncho mash here good photos even though i have to turn the laptop sideways, is that silly sid on the scraper, can you remember when you first got to liverpool we were in the caravan i was trying to show you what all the leavers was for on a 631 as you hadn,t been on one before.hope to hear from you again if you are ever in this area of stoke we would love to see you again. mash

peter s

Post #36 by peter s » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Nick Drew, I was wondering if you still watched this page and what part of Devon you lived,I worked down through there in the 70s and had some great times and made some good friends that I keep in touch with today. I have a good photo of a Public Works 657 hanging from a British Crane Hire jib after being lifted out of the river just below Bridgewater. I often travel down through there on the m5 to see family in Exeter and the memories of the craic make me smile most of the way. hope to hear off you.

Nick Drew

Post #37 by Nick Drew » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:03 pm

peter s wrote:Hi Nick Drew, I was wondering if you still watched this page and what part of Devon you lived,I worked down through there in the 70s and had some great times and made some good friends that I keep in touch with today. I have a good photo of a Public Works 657 hanging from a British Crane Hire jib after being lifted out of the river just below Bridgewater. I often travel down through there on the m5 to see family in Exeter and the memories of the craic make me smile most of the way. hope to hear off you.

Have PM'd you Peter :thumbup:

Nick

mash

Post #38 by mash » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:19 pm

hi peter and nick i was on a 657 for public works with sackem he was on a d9 pushing on the m5 exeter lathem had the shout i only stuck for four or five weeks the rock was killing my back i don.t know wether you were there then. mash

peter s

Post #39 by peter s » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Mash, and its another case of long time no see, I remember you well from the Liverpool days with Dick you were a big mate of Jammy please correct if I am wrong, I have a claim to fame from that job, I was the last motor scraper pushed by Allan Dixon up the very steep ramp up out of the hole, it was on one of the TS 24s number 526 the same one thats on Poncho`s photo in Taunton with the big love bite on the front of it. I started with Public Works in Fareham in 74 and then went down to Exeter on an old ridged 57 where the job was already well under way a lot of x Hampton men had started including Tommy Bruno, Cheyanne and a charactor called The Wide Load who chained smoked and must of had a blood pressure reading of 150 psi on tick over. I must of just missed you and Dave. Anyway I see I had a PM`D off of Nick , being I`m only a novice on this thing I am going to have to find out what it means perhaps I have unintensionally upset someone. Hey keep in touch Mash, really good to hear from you after all this time, catch you later.

mash

Post #40 by mash » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 pm

hi peter yes he was a good mate of mine jammy i haven;t seen him since liverpool; i remember bruno and cheyanne he was a drinking partner of my stepfather jock wilson; have you seen mick o;connor anywhere we used to have some fun with him i;m not much good with this laptop still learning mash

Return to “Scrapers”