Good ole days

Discuss scrapers here

poncho

Re: Good ole days

Post #11 by poncho » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 am

Hi Nick.Im glad Geordie is in touch with young pincher.Last I heard he was still at his pub in yate.I feel a bit guilty for not making the effort to call in and see him. I know he lost his wife a few years ago. her brother Dave Ansty died on site at RAF Gaydon.when Macs were building the new military and british motor testing site.we had finished our shift and he was going to the gym in Leamington had a heart attack and died. he was a really nice guy. I know what you mean by rough and tough but would always help you out if you were short of shillings and as often happend with young locals who did not like the muck shifters chatting the local girls they would always cover your back in a scrap.Two of my minders were Big Stan krawchek and Johnny Lylyk. Im still in touch with Stan, but would love to find lylyk. Thanks for the advice to get my photos on this page nick I will give it a go. if I dont manage it I will ask my grandaughter when she calls in next week.catch up with you soon. Poncho.

poncho

Post #12 by poncho » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:45 am

Hi guys. Martyn my photos are in my documents. I tried to do as you instructed, but got lost somewhere. be patient with an old timer,but I will get the photos on soon. There is about forty photos from sites all over the country. I will only put a few on at a time otherwise you might get bored. Just as a matter of interest I also worked for Shephard Hills for a years few years, a big reservoir job near Oxford and Ardinley sussex and a victorian tip in Ruislip. Catch up with you soon. Poncho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by poncho on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by Martyn Henley » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 am

Martyn my photos are in my documents. I tried to do as you instructed, but got lost somewhere.

No worries John ....
Go to the full editor and click on your browse button
browse1.PNG

Then your documents will appear in another box, normally it appears in the top left hand side .... scroll down your documents and click and open on a picture you want to upload and the picture address will appear in the little browse box...
browse3.png

then click on "upload file"
browse2.PNG

Then another little box will appear in the top left hand corner showing the upload in progress ..
When it has up loaded you will see the picture name appear here....
browse4.png

Click on the place inline box and the picture address will appear in the writing box bit... and that should do it John ...

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

poncho

Post #14 by poncho » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi Martyn, Thanks for your help. got some pictures on at last.Hope you enjoy them.I dont know how to put who or where they are yet that's the next thing for me to learn. I'm the one with the Mexican tash. The sites are m5 m4 Liverpool Kenilworth by pass Bromsgrove by pass. enjoy.

Nick Drew

Post #15 by Nick Drew » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:46 pm

poncho wrote:Hi Nick.Im glad Geordie is in touch with young pincher.Last I heard he was still at his pub in yate.I feel a bit guilty for not making the effort to call in and see him. I know he lost his wife a few years ago. her brother Dave Ansty died on site at RAF Gaydon.when Macs were building the new military and british motor testing site.we had finished our shift and he was going to the gym in Leamington had a heart attack and died. he was a really nice guy. I know what you mean by rough and tough but would always help you out if you were short of shillings and as often happend with young locals who did not like the muck shifters chatting the local girls they would always cover your back in a scrap.Two of my minders were Big Stan krawchek and Johnny Lylyk. Im still in touch with Stan, but would love to find lylyk. Thanks for the advice to get my photos on this page nick I will give it a go. if I dont manage it I will ask my grandaughter when she calls in next week.catch up with you soon. Poncho.

Hi John,

I know Bob has been reading this thread with great interest as we had a good chat about it all last Sunday on skype.

I think he has intentions of coming on and getting involved in the banter with you guys at some point but I am not sure its his thing :( I hope so though as it would be good crack for you all to catch up :thumbup:

Won't be for a month or so now though as he and his wife are over in the States to spend Xmas and New Year with their Daughter.

I will watch this thread with great interest.

Nick :bow:

poncho

Post #16 by poncho » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:52 am

Hi Nick hope you enjoyed the photos. I still look at them now and again. I have good memories and sometimes wish I could go back. They were Good times and great mates to work with. Poncho,

concrete

Post #17 by concrete » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:33 pm

hi there i worked for macs for 10 years, do you remember, joe breen, mick dooher, des diamond, buckley.

Nick Drew

Post #18 by Nick Drew » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 pm

poncho wrote:Hi Nick hope you enjoyed the photos. I still look at them now and again. I have good memories and sometimes wish I could go back. They were Good times and great mates to work with. Poncho,

Hi John,

I loved the old photos mate !! I always enjoy seeing the old school pics, just sad that I was born too late to really appreciate what it was like in those golden days of British earthmoving !!

Often have the crack with Bob about those times and always enjoy the tales :thumbup:

Don't stop posting now John !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :bow:

Nick

poncho

Post #19 by poncho » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Nick. Glad you enjoyed pics.I will put more on soon.I also enjoyed your blog. Have a great Christmas. poncho.

Nick Drew

Post #20 by Nick Drew » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:51 pm

poncho wrote:Hi Nick. Glad you enjoyed pics.I will put more on soon.I also enjoyed your blog. Have a great Christmas. poncho.

And Merry Christmas to you John :thumbup:

There have been some good old posts on the blog when I was with another site which I will be slowly posting again, so I hope you continue to enjoy my ramblings !! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Nick :thumbup:

Return to “Scrapers”