Terex scraper configuration

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
TaylorLambert

Terex scraper configuration

Post #1 by TaylorLambert » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 am

I saw the TS8 in the how not to park a scraper forum below and seen other Terex scrapers in Classic Plant and Machinery mag. I was wonterdin why al lthe Terex machines in England have flat plate covers on their radiator housings. Is it for warming up earlier or puncture protection. Ive run a few Terex scrapers a few years ago that had the grated grills. I noticed that both engines were covered like that. I really enjoyed the pictures of the TS8 Ive never seen one here, Dad grew up running S-7 Euclids when he was 16.

greenmount 7

Re: Terex scraper configuration

Post #2 by greenmount 7 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 am

Hi Taylor, I have an enquiry from a guy in Australia looking for a spec sheet on the smaller Terex TS 8 or I think there may have been a TS 11 ( not sure) . Do you know where I can locate some specifications or photos .. Thank you Roger Horne

D6 Merv

Post #3 by D6 Merv » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Greenmount 7.
A few TS8s ; some people call them TS11s as rated capacity was 8 yd struck 11 heaped;
made it down under to NZ. Could be as many as 10 here.
powered by 330 Bedford diesels at about 100hp each.
Have spent abit of time on them, will post a pic if i have one.
Merv

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:06 am

A couple of scrapers for you to view,They have since been cut up
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
TaylorLambert

Post #5 by TaylorLambert » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 am

Sad end to goods machines. I here alot of folks cuss them but they are good simple machines. 2 local contractors that have rough operators run them and they are the only machines that hold up. Im interested in the sheilds over the radiators. About 50 miles away there 2 older men that are brothers that refurbish anything Terex. I love to stop by their shop and hear the tales and see the old Terex machines.

Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 am

TaylorLambert wrote:Sad end to goods machines. I here alot of folks cuss them but they are good simple machines. 2 local contractors that have rough operators run them and they are the only machines that hold up. Im interested in the sheilds over the radiators. About 50 miles away there 2 older men that are brothers that refurbish anything Terex. I love to stop by their shop and hear the tales and see the old Terex machines.

That place sounds great Taylor, have you got any photos from there or could you possibly snap some next time you visit?

Nick

martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

[video]http://youtu.be/dTYINCkg3no[/video]

McGrath

Post #8 by McGrath » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Re the TS8 with Bedford engines, I seem to remember that they were designed for the army, small enough to be dropped from a Hercules, that sort of thing. What happened to the TTS14 ? We had on on demo from Blackwood Hodge on the M5 at Cheltenham back around 1969. Three engines and twin bowls with a rather ugley swan neck connection the rear box. Never seen one since. Bit of a crib from LeTourneau L60

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #9 by bigkit » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 pm

The man to ask is Benny White, he's been breeding them but some where for sale. Not sure if they sold or not. Three came from a dealer in sussex who got them of Mark Woollard who got them of Mole excavations who did alot of work for some golf outfit. Mr Mole (not his real name) got them of the army, a job lot of 6. Good to begin with I was told but over time they kept getting cannablised to keep them going. Lots of noise and little action! High maintenance.........but I suppose they dont make a scraper that isn't! :lol:

By the way, apparently they only made about 36 specials for the army that could fit into a hercules, and some went done on the way to the falklands on the Atlantic Conveyor. :(

nick lamb

Post #10 by nick lamb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

The grills are for sound suppression reasons.They made a huge difference as they sent all the noise upwards instead of forwards.
Here's a couple of TS14B's,one with the noise kit and one without.I can tell that I never had any overheating probs with the noise kits.
Hey up Clive,I see there's a nice 8K from the same stable as those 637's up for sale.Got the pics by the way,thanks :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scrapers”