TS 24,s in action

Discuss scrapers here

nick lamb

Re: TS 24,s in action

Post #51 by nick lamb » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am

Chris,I can't answer your question but I have driven quiet a few TS24's in the last 20 years here in the UK.The early ones here had alot of turbocharged Cummins in them but the later TS24 B10 lots had twin V8 Detroits(non turbo).I also operated a few 'Yankie 24's' as we called them.These were B9 lots and used V12 Detroits up front and straight 6 Detroits in the back.no turbo's on any of them.

Dug Overburden

Re: TS 24,s in action

Post #52 by Dug Overburden » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Nicky, thanks for the information, I think Terex carried on the older style machine for a good 10 years after the B was introduced. There has to be a major difference in the performance on the "Yankee" version. I guess I am so use to seeing the "Yankee" version, that the UK built machines look quite different. I noticed the fenders are quite different.
nicky lamb wrote:Chris,I can't answer your question but I have driven quiet a few TS24's in the last 20 years here in the UK.The early ones here had alot of turbocharged Cummins in them but the later TS24 B10 lots had twin V8 Detroits(non turbo).I also operated a few 'Yankie 24's' as we called them.These were B9 lots and used V12 Detroits up front and straight 6 Detroits in the back.no turbo's on any of them.

Return to “Scrapers”