More muck shifting 1960's style

Discuss scrapers here

Basilbrush

Re: More muck shifting 1960's style

Post #41 by Basilbrush » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Brilliant scraper pictures lads, it'd be good to see some of the M5 job at Exeter. The firm I worked for at the time had a ouple of TS14s down there for a wile & pictures of them would be brilliant. When I can get my head around being able to post on here I've got some pictures of our Terex 82-30 working with an IH295 scraper in Bristol back in 1973. This is the only 295 I've ever seen working, I was told it's now standing in a gravel it in the Cotswolds but I've yet to find it.

Brilliant thread.

BB :)

stui

Post #42 by stui » Sun May 09, 2010 2:00 pm

plantman wrote:Mervyn, yes the Cat 619s where the ones that Boltons had, a bit under powered and used to get over took on the way to the tip. There was also talk of a chap killed on the job driving one of the scrapers, hit a bridge. He said that the drivers where going to slow, may have been a foreman or manager.

i think this accident happened on the m2 near randalstown.it was a foreman who said they were going to slow,so he put one of the guys off the machine,jumped on himself,he was driving to hard and couldnt het the machine stopped and hit the bridge

brian crowther

Post #43 by brian crowther » Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi Steve, brings back memories of the Le Tourneau scraper's. I worked for T W Ward in the sixties and worked on both of those machines assembling one in Titan Works in Grays Essex and and the other one at Laings site Wraysbury. At that time I was operating a 30 tonne Smith's strut jib truck mounted crane for Ward's.T W W were the main agents for Le tourneau in Britian I think I'am right in saying the operator who drove the machine at Wraysbury was named Michael
Lee, He was from the Grays area.Rob mentioned about working on the M1 Tinsley Viaduct in 1966 ,I demonstrated a Douglas dump truck for T W Ward around Britain about that time and one the places was Tinsley the contractor's
were named Le haine Mackenzie & Shand if I remember rightly .Brian

Topic author
modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Post #44 by modelman093 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:06 pm

brian crowther wrote:Hi Steve, brings back memories of the Le Tourneau scraper's. I worked for T W Ward in the sixties and worked on both of those machines assembling one in Titan Works in Grays Essex and and the other one at Laings site Wraysbury. At that time I was operating a 30 tonne Smith's strut jib truck mounted crane for Ward's.T W W were the main agents for Le tourneau in Britian I think I'am right in saying the operator who drove the machine at Wraysbury was named Michael
Lee, He was from the Grays area.Rob mentioned about working on the M1 Tinsley Viaduct in 1966 ,I demonstrated a Douglas dump truck for T W Ward around Britain about that time and one the places was Tinsley the contractor's
were named Le haine Mackenzie & Shand if I remember rightly .Brian

These are the LeTourneaus , the one with the cab on the front unit was working (being demonstrated/) on the Brentwood by-pass - 1963 or there abouts and the one with the mid-mounted cab was at Wraysbury a couple of years later.(Sorry the Wrasbury pics are refusing to upload, will try again later!)
Angus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Post #45 by modelman093 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Wrasbury Le Touneau pics as promised!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scrapers”