rare scraper more pics

Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
malcolm morrison

rare scraper more pics

Post #1 by malcolm morrison » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:22 am

hewco_0002.jpg
two fordson major tractors the rear one had the crown wheel put on the other side to run the other way gear shift was by vacum pistons controled by electric solonoids must have been a real mission in the late 50 s enjoy malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tim
Flag: Great Britain

Re: rare scraper more pics

Post #2 by tim » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:51 pm

Nice pictures Malcolm :thumbs_up: Tim

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:01 pm

Great photos Malcolm,

Please check you PMs when you log in!

Nick :thumbs_up:

nick lamb

Post #4 by nick lamb » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks mate.

DozerDave

Post #5 by DozerDave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Enjoyed I did too Malcolm!!! Truly exceptional pictures. Those Fordson units were certainly used for a wide variety of applications.

dozeron

Post #6 by dozeron » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi all,
Havn't been on the board for sometime. Saw the photos of the NZ manufactured Hewco ''Twin Six'' motorscraper. Hewco built approx 11 machines in NZ and Australia and one single powered unit. Jock Wright, the designer of the scrapers and the company owner was good enough to give me access to his collection of photos of the earthmoving products they built and the 8mm movie films which I put on Video for him back in the 1990's. Had thought I might get round to making up a DVD of the films and still photos if there was any interest out there. I am retiring in the next two weeks and intend to travel round Aussie in a 5th wheeler for a couple of years hoping to film and photograph equipment I see along the way.
Best regards, Ron Nash (Dozeron).

Nick Drew

Post #7 by Nick Drew » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm

dozeron wrote:Hi all,
Havn't been on the board for sometime. Saw the photos of the NZ manufactured Hewco ''Twin Six'' motorscraper. Hewco built approx 11 machines in NZ and Australia and one single powered unit. Jock Wright, the designer of the scrapers and the company owner was good enough to give me access to his collection of photos of the earthmoving products they built and the 8mm movie films which I put on Video for him back in the 1990's. Had thought I might get round to making up a DVD of the films and still photos if there was any interest out there. I am retiring in the next two weeks and intend to travel round Aussie in a 5th wheeler for a couple of years hoping to film and photograph equipment I see along the way.
Best regards, Ron Nash (Dozeron).

Hi Ron,

Its great to see you back on CMN again!!

We look forward to seeing the fruits of your labours in the future !! :thumbs_up:

Good luck on your tour ;)

Nick :P

essexpete

Post #8 by essexpete » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:18 pm

Great photos. The list for the Major conversions is seemingly endless. Have any of the scrapers survived?

In the second colour photo the driving position looks a little pre-production.

dozeron

Post #9 by dozeron » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 am

I know there is still one surviving Twin-six in NZ as well as several scraper bowls that have been converted to towed units used with wheel tractors and there was a complete machine in working condition for sale in Australia
a few years back but that's all I know of. There are still a number of towed scrapers or boxes in use in NZ also.
Ron Nash (dozeron).

alan627b

Post #10 by alan627b » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 am

Dozeron, you wouldn't happen to be the same Ron Nash who used to be on the antique Caterpillar board using the handle Nashy, would you? The "other" Ron Nash besides Ozdozer?
You sent me a pile of literature, and I was going to return the favor but you dropped out of sight. I still can if it is you. I felt bad about not being able to return the favor.
Let me know if you are.
Alan627b at Hotmail.com
Retro Grading, We Do Modern Jobs with Antique Machinery

Return to “Scrapers”