Large load stuck on the Severn Bridge

Discuss heavy haulage here

Topic author
martyn williams

Large load stuck on the Severn Bridge

Post #1 by martyn williams » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:50 pm

There is a large tailback of traffic eastbound for most of the day.Seems that a lowloader carrying a large load has broken down on the bridge.Do you know something about this Graham ;) was that you ? I gave you a toot as I came past. If its you,any photos :thumbup:
Martyn

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Re: Large load stuck on the Severn Bridge

Post #2 by gah1950 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 pm

hello martyn,
lets get one thing straight ,,scanias do not breakdown,, ;) ;) yes it was me,the bridge was coned off for maintenance but nobody speaks to anybody,obviously i telephoned gwent police for permission to go through their area they said carry on also i telephoned avon & somerset and had their permission to go but there was a massive breakdown in communication beetween laings,highway agency,and plod.lane one and two were being used for tower maintenance so cat992g and 1 lane dont mix,i had the displeasure of waiting 6hrs for the gangs to finish which in turn made for a very late arrival to liverpool docks. i will forward to you some pics.
graham.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks for sending the photos Graham :thumbup: That cockup caused a good jam :dizzy: I had a call out to Gloucester Barnwood yard.Good job I had my radio on which warned me of the hold up as I then used the old bridge.I passed you on the way back.I guessed you had been there a long time.Nice day for it though. :lol: Bet you were knackered after that trip. Did you see that Ainscough crane going west.That caused a hold up as well.
Cheers
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 pm

What time did you take those photos ? That white van in photo 7 might be mine :lol: :lol: :lol: I can remember that chap leaning on the pickup.I was there between 1 and 2 pm
Martyn

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Post #5 by gah1950 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 pm

hello martyn,
yes around that time,you should have pulled in for a cuppa,that bridge looks big and sturdy ,but it did vibrate and dance when ainscoughs crane and ballast trucks went by.
graham.

biker311_southwales

Post #6 by biker311_southwales » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 pm

What a lovely scania

Return to “Heavy Haulage”