New drivers CPC

Discuss heavy haulage here

Topic author
bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

New drivers CPC

Post #1 by bigkit » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:45 pm

I started the drivers CPC course today! :doh: I've got to do 35 hours of classroom work before 2014 to keep on trucking! There's no test and you cant pass or fail, its attendance only!

What a waste of time another cash con, I thought the digger tickets were bad! :doh: :doh: :doh: :dizzy:

Jeremy Rowland

Re: New drivers CPC

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:48 am

bigkit wrote:I started the drivers CPC course today! :doh: I've got to do 35 hours of classroom work before 2014 to keep on trucking! There's no test and you cant pass or fail, its attendance only!

What a waste of time another cash con, I thought the digger tickets were bad! :doh: :doh: :doh: :dizzy:

Clive this sort of thing does my head in big time its the system gone mad and I see this crap all the time in my current job as I am responsible for Health & Safety.
I will probably never get to drive a wagon again so I will not bother with this CPC, I think this one has come from Europe?
Its jobs for the boys and it does not make anybody a better driver or operator, I wonder how much longer we can operate an economy on this sort rubbish the politicians ought to be strung up for all this lucky I don't have my way!

Jeremy

tim

Post #3 by tim » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:
bigkit wrote:I started the drivers CPC course today! :doh: I've got to do 35 hours of classroom work before 2014 to keep on trucking! There's no test and you cant pass or fail, its attendance only!

Clive this sort of thing does my head in big time its the system gone mad and I see this crap all the time in my current job as I am responsible for Health & Safety.
I will probably never get to drive a wagon again so I will not bother with this CPC, I think this one has come from Europe?
Its jobs for the boys and it does not make anybody a better driver or operator, I wonder how much longer we can operate an economy on this sort rubbish the politicians ought to be strung up for all this lucky I don't have my way!

Jeremy

I totally agree,just another money making exercise and somebody who has been driving lorries for years has to do this course just to keep his or her job.At our place we have done 2x7 hour courses already in works time and fortunately the firm has footed the bill.It cost me £580 to get my HGV Class 1 licence in 1990-I dread to think what it would cost now. :?: Tim

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #4 by v8detroit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 pm

just revenue for gov,like citb tickets .the way this country`s going you would be better of on the dole,they seem to try and stop any one
who want`s to work.in london we have TFL fineing us for going to work early. :doh: :doh: they want you to drive twice as far to get to your
destination if you start before 7am if you start after 7am your stuck in traffic :o :o

Topic author
bigkit

Post #5 by bigkit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 pm

I knew it would get you all going!

Whats worse is that the instructor said France and Italy arn't bothering! Europe my arse there's no common policy! :doh:

It' the bloody Britsh buerocrats again, they've got a turd and not only do they want to polish it....they want to add glitter!

Whats more, the couse has been written by people who don't drive lorries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this time of austerity and value for money they could cut the 7 hours of shit into 2 hours max, times by 5 courses is 10 hours........there a days work! I've just saved 80% of the costs and STILL complied with Europe!

AND can you believe it, according to the course I've got to fill in a tacho for yesterday saying I was on other duties and therefore my 45 hour weekly rest period did n't start 'till I left the classroom at 3.00pm and should I need the full 45 hours I can't start work 'till 12 noon Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

F**KING MADNESS :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh:

jcb4cx

Post #6 by jcb4cx » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:20 pm

i will try and get mine from the pub ;)
i can't be arsed with it at the moment ,and as we are tacho exempt ,this maybe too :D
hows things clive got any work for tha cat and box so i can come for a look 8-)
cheers graham
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
bigkit

Post #7 by bigkit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Tractor and box working at Mayfield cricket pitch.

Oh, found out government get £8.25 for every day of training, so they maybe getting about £40M a year in revenue to "administer" the scheme.

diggerjones

Post #8 by diggerjones » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 pm

someone told me if you drive rarely you dont need to do it. i aint drove a truck for a few years now and i'm not sure i want to, so i wont be bothering with it.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #9 by bigkit » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Don't blame you diggerjones. Apparently, if you are a "periodic" driver you're exempt. How do you define periodic, daily, weekly, monthly, 3 times a year............all a bit ambiguous to me! :doh:

nick lamb

Post #10 by nick lamb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm was just wondering how to wind you up abit more ;) How about the price of fuel? :D :D .or perhaps....the quality of our new enviromently freindly bio red diesal....or mabey the the really usefull 'smart engine management systems'(that are a continual reason for machines to be broken down for no good reason :evil: :evil: .oops,I'm starting to enrage myself now :doh: :arrrrgh:
By the way Clive,any pics of your box job mate?

Return to “Heavy Haulage”