V. D. Vlist

Discuss heavy haulage here

pv83
Flag: Great Britain

Re: V. D. Vlist

Post #21 by pv83 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:31 am

Yup, that's a Scania, the only one they've preserved along with a later model, a bonneted 142...
And that white stuff on the ground, well, I'm not to keen on it either, but it is quite a familiar sight in these parts of the world :think:

modelman093

Post #22 by modelman093 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:42 pm

Just love that bonneted Scanny, classic lines. Here's a couple of later generations.

pv83

Post #23 by pv83 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:10 am

modelman093 wrote:Just love that bonneted Scanny, classic lines. Here's a couple of later generations.

Nice ones indeed, thanks for posting them :thumbup:
Bit of speculation here, but those are Beck&Pollitzer units???
And such a long wheelbase wasn't common back then, was it?

Cheers, Patrick

modelman093

Post #24 by modelman093 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 pm

"Nice ones indeed, thanks for posting them :thumbup:
And such a long wheelbase wasn't common back then, was it?"

Yes, They had sliding filth wheel turntables and were sometimes used for draw bar work with weight boxes. LKM103F and 104F supplied by B&W Motors in Wolverhampton before Scania had their own sales outlets in the UK. The 4 axle Broshuis extending step frame trailer was a "private import" and as far as I know the first in the UK.
The impressive looking vessels were beer storage / cooling tanks and only weighed around 8 tons and were manufactured by Burnett and Rolf of Commisioners Road , Strood, Kent for a new brewery being constructed (and since demolished I believe) in Hanbury Street, City of London. Three tanks every Friday and Saturday night for several weeks!

pv83

Post #25 by pv83 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:06 pm

modelman093 wrote:"Nice ones indeed, thanks for posting them :thumbup:

Yes, They had sliding filth wheel turntables and were sometimes used for draw bar work with weight boxes. LKM103F and 104F supplied by B&W Motors in Wolverhampton before Scania had their own sales outlets in the UK. The 4 axle Broshuis extending step frame trailer was a "private import" and as far as I know the first in the UK.
The impressive looking vessels were beer storage / cooling tanks and only weighed around 8 tons and were manufactured by Burnett and Rolf of Commisioners Road , Strood, Kent for a new brewery being constructed (and since demolished I believe) in Hanbury Street, City of London. Three tanks every Friday and Saturday night for several weeks!

Well, that explains the long wheelbase, cheers for the info mate :thumbup: Did you worked or still are working for B&P? I remember some article about some wagons transporting large vessels as well, somewhere mid 90's I reckon, when they had all the Leyland DAF's "en route". Can't remember in which mag I've read about it... Does it ring any bell's though?

pv83

Post #26 by pv83 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Some more oldies...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #27 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:38 pm

what brand of truck is that we are looking at ??

looks like a fair size digger in the bottom picture

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

modelman093

Post #28 by modelman093 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 am

pv83 wrote:
modelman093 wrote:"Nice ones indeed, thanks for posting them :thumbup:

Well, that explains the long wheelbase, cheers for the info mate :thumbup: Did you worked or still are working for B&P? I remember some article about some wagons transporting large vessels as well, somewhere mid 90's I reckon, when they had all the Leyland DAF's "en route". Can't remember in which mag I've read about it... Does it ring any bell's though?

I worked for Becks for seven years in the late 60s - early 70s firstly under the arches at Hercules road London SE1 and later at the then new depot in Dartford, Kent. One of those original three axle units featured in a Scania advertisement in Commercial Motor magazine.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #29 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:56 am

Mrsmackpaul wrote:what brand of truck is that we are looking at ??

looks like a fair size digger in the bottom picture

Paul

Paul I believe its a Dutch built FTF powered by a Detroit V12 but I may stand to be corrected on that one. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #30 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:42 am

never heard of them before what a sound Europe would never be same again LOL

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Heavy Haulage”