Spanish Dodge

Discuss heavy haulage here

Topic author
Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Spanish Dodge

Post #1 by Neversweat » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Not exactly heavy haulage but a few of pictures of a spanish Dodge (Barreiros) i used to pilot.

Cheers
Steve :thumbs_up:

tctractors

Re: Spanish Dodge

Post #2 by tctractors » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 pm

You want to watch that van does not drag you in the drink Neversweat, those Spanish chariots used to have a Crysler 6 pot motor with a big old turbo hanging out of the back, good pullers and good for owner drivers running into Europe, I have been having a bit of a truck week myself with my box of spanners all on old bangers, a Scania 140 LBS Scania 142 6-2 and a White road commander with a CAT 3406 set at 325 bhp, the Scania 142 is used for work the other trucks are just fun things all for different customers, these have been bigish jobs, the 142 had a new set of crank bearings, oil pump repair, valve lash set ,injection pump timing adjusted turbo boost checked , new radiator , intercooler flushed out and new alloy air pipes fitted, I always get the crap jobs.

tctractors

d4c24a

Post #3 by d4c24a » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:37 pm

hello tc ,does this mean you have not been up to your neck in muck ,with a small river flowing beneath you :lol: ,i can remember going out in that dodge with a certain other driver and doing a fair old rate of knots down the m4 on its maiden voyage :thumbs_up:
hope your keeping well tc :?: are you going up to the do on sunday at russells
i am planning on going if work does not interfere
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

tctractors

Post #4 by tctractors » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Graham I missed the last day out at R.S's and no I have not gone all soft just because its raining,I keep getting right crap jobs tucked into me,if its an engine its never a head gasket, they always need the full deal and so on, I popped a crane onto a Nooteboom trailer a few weeks ago, it was on Nootebooms stand at the S.E.D. I have had some pressure and offers to do some more for a couple of haulage Co's, but I realy cannot be motivated, as I am sure the Sun is going to shine soon and I dont want to miss it,besides there's stacks of jobs about, I might even pop over to help Neil Dillon with his D9 + 627's, if you are going to R.S.s stick a note up it might make the Tardis fire up for a day talking crap.

tctractors

Topic author
Neversweat

Post #5 by Neversweat » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:02 pm

Tony,thats certainly a diverse selection of vehicles :dizzy: Grahams right - it would cruise at 80mph
still in the green band.

Cheers
Steve :thumbs_up:

roadcommander2

Post #6 by roadcommander2 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:10 am

Steve,

Great pics of the breakdown truck, do you have any more?

A local firm to me, Rayners Transport of Maddingley near Cambridge used to run quite a fleet of Spanish Dodge artics on bulk tipping work. They must have had at least a dozen.

There were one or two eight wheel tippers about. I think Kings of Chelmsford had one. I seem to remember that the eight wheelers had alot of chassis problems.

Cheers

Mark

roadcommander2

Post #7 by roadcommander2 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:30 am

Steve,

Here is another Dodge, breakdown truck as well.

I saw it at Gt Dorset Steam Fair last year. The chap is trying to restore it but facing a bit of a battle as the cab has suffered from the ravages of time.

I think that apart from a tractor unit in Ireland it may be the only one to be preserved.
It used to be operated by Yellow Buses who I think come from the Bournemouth/Southampton area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Heavy Haulage”