[wanted] Leyland 38TD thermostat gasket

Are you searching for equipment?
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

Topic author
angloanglo

[wanted] Leyland 38TD thermostat gasket

Post #1 by angloanglo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 am

Hi there. This is my first post so go gentle with me.

My old boat is equipped with twin Leyland 38TD's with Bowman heat exchangers. One of the heat exchangers is so badly corroded that I don't think the thermostat is opening up any more. Before I take the thermostat off to try to clean it I want to source a new thermostat gasket. Has anyone got any idea where I could find one?

I'm also looking for a new heat exchanger but I don't think this is the right place for that!

Thx Phil

Jeremy Rowland

Re: [wanted] Leyland 38TD thermostat gasket

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 am

angloanglo wrote:Hi there. This is my first post so go gentle with me.

My old boat is equipped with twin Leyland 38TD's with Bowman heat exchangers. One of the heat exchangers is so badly corroded that I don't think the thermostat is opening up any more. Before I take the thermostat off to try to clean it I want to source a new thermostat gasket. Has anyone got any idea where I could find one?

I'm also looking for a new heat exchanger but I don't think this is the right place for that!

Thx Phil

Hi Phil welcome to the site :wave: I can offer an easy suggestion for the thermostat housing gasket, it's called an old Kelloggs cornflake box, simply put your stat housing on a piece of decent card and draw round it or tap gently round it with a hammer to cut the gasket using the housing edge.
I would also use a bit of gasket sealer to ensure there are no leaks, blue hylomar is always a good option here. Sorry but I can't help you with the heat exchanger but your best bet there is to google it.

Jeremy

martyn williams

Re: [wanted] Leyland 38TD thermostat gasket

Post #3 by martyn williams » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:04 am

I have found Serck Marston a good firm for heat exchanger repairs,home made gaskets are a cheap option that works as Jeremy describes.
Martyn

http://www.serckservices.co.uk

Return to “Wanted”