wanted vintage truck insurance IRELAND.

Are you searching for equipment?
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

Topic author
v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

wanted vintage truck insurance IRELAND.

Post #1 by v8detroit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:26 pm

I have been trying to get vintage insurance for my trucks in ireland,but so far no good.i have tried ALL the adds in the vintage commercial mags
but they won`t insure trucks in southern ireland.so if any one has any ideas please let me know.i have looked on iveta site which said call on tuesdays only but i can`t get a answer left messages but no reply.MUST BE IRISH INSURANCE COMPANY i know i can get insurance in the uk but you cant drive vintage in london now thanks to ken livingstone (must remember not to vote for him !!!!) any help from IRISH readers with vintage trucks apreciated.regard john o`shea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by v8detroit on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martyn williams

Re: wanted vintage truck insurance IRELAND.

Post #2 by martyn williams » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Have you tried NFU mutual or AA ?
Martyn

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #3 by v8detroit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Have you tried NFU mutual or AA ?
Martyn

thank`s Martyn i have tried the AA but not NFU i think when you mention southern ireland they don`t want to know.i have been looking for
over 2 years now on and off .

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Another firm is Footman James
Regards
Martyn

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #5 by v8detroit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:30 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Another firm is Footman James
Regards
Martyn

yea tried them too, i tell you Martyn you would not belive how hard it is,i have spent hours on the computer searching for "vintage truck insurance" it is easy to get cover for the uk but i can`t find any one to cover southern ireland.searched all the vintage truck mags called every add in them no good :roll: it is realy fustrating when i go home and can`t go for a spin.oh well maybe some one in ireland will have an idea.thanks Martyn for your help.regards john :dizzy:

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #6 by v8detroit » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:40 pm

v8detroit wrote:I have been trying to get vintage insurance for my trucks in ireland,but so far no good.i have tried ALL the adds in the vintage commercial mags
but they won`t insure trucks in southern ireland.so if any one has any ideas please let me know.i have looked on iveta site which said call on tuesdays only but i can`t get a answer left messages but no reply.MUST BE IRISH INSURANCE COMPANY i know i can get insurance in the uk but you cant drive vintage in london now thanks to ken livingstone (must remember not to vote for him !!!!) any help from IRISH readers with vintage trucks apreciated.regard john o`shea

FINALLY FOUND SOME ONE !!!!!! thanks to everybody for there help

riascns

Post #7 by riascns » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 am

Who did you get insurance from in the end?

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #8 by v8detroit » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:33 pm

riascns wrote:Who did you get insurance from in the end?

i haven`t actualy got it yet , :eh: but i got in contact with a vintage club and they gave me a contact.i must register them the insurance
co will give you 14 days to get plates on them but i have not had time to get them registerd .you have to take them to a weigh bridge and then take them for an inspection (nct station :doh: ). i will be back in ireland for good in june and will try and get them sorted out and register them.

riascns

Post #9 by riascns » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm

I have a foden in the UK (braintree) but would like to have a truck in Ireland also.

If you are considering IVETA, then I think that their limit is 10 ton GVW which is basically small trucks.

I saw somewhere that FBD do insurance, but have not had time to look into it yet so no idea about weight limits.

NCT station exam I believe is for importing a truck to check its identification. If you dont do it within 7 days of entering the country there is a e250 fine.

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #10 by v8detroit » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:02 pm

riascns wrote:I have a foden in the UK (braintree) but would like to have a truck in Ireland also.

If you are considering IVETA, then I think that their limit is 10 ton GVW which is basically small trucks.

I saw somewhere that FBD do insurance, but have not had time to look into it yet so no idea about weight limits.

NCT station exam I believe is for importing a truck to check its identification. If you dont do it within 7 days of entering the country there is a e250 fine.

my 2 kenworths are in ireland for 4 years now :doh: a friend of mine works with FBD the best he could get was £500 each :dizzy: i have a
number somewhere safe :doh: it`s so safe i can`t find it now but i have it somewhere ,when i find it i will let you know .Sean where about in kerry do you come from ?

Return to “Wanted”