SCAMMELL ROUTEMAN

Are you searching for equipment?
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

rowehillmaster
Flag: Great Britain

Re: SCAMMELL ROUTEMAN

Post #11 by rowehillmaster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 am

.... I am thinking, some mid seventies Renault cars had those cibe lights, R16, R12 & I think and maybe the early R15 (they were not common though), may be more of those in scrapyards than routemans ?

Topic author
v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #12 by v8detroit » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:35 pm

rowehillmaster wrote:.... I am thinking, some mid seventies Renault cars had those cibe lights, R16, R12 & I think and maybe the early R15 (they were not common though), may be more of those in scrapyards than routemans ?

yeh your right the renault 11 of 1978/9 vintage is the same you can get them from renault by special order but they
quoted me £500 + for a pair!!! :o :o as you know nearly all the old cars have been crushed due to high price of
steel at the moment.

rowehillmaster

Post #13 by rowehillmaster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:50 pm

.... had a look on the net, in my lunch, and came up with lights for GT40 kit cars, they use that light and I noticed a couple of older posts quoting sources, of pattern replacements - from Turkey! .... I think that the Renault 12 was made there until the mid 90s .... try this link http://www.turkeyautospareparts.com/Catalogue/1/Group/57/SubGroup/182/PageNo/3.... :D

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #14 by v8detroit » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:30 pm

rowehillmaster wrote:.... had a look on the net, in my lunch, and came up with lights for GT40 kit cars, they use that light and I noticed a couple of older posts quoting sources, of pattern replacements - from Turkey! .... I think that the Renault 12 was made there until the mid 90s .... try this link http://www.turkeyautospareparts.com/Catalogue/1/Group/57/SubGroup/182/PageNo/3.... :D

thank`s Andy

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #15 by v8detroit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:55 pm

bigkit wrote:Hi John :wave: , in about '88 Brownie was digging out for the Waddon Bridge by the old power station on the Purley Way. Were you there then? I was driving a poclain 61 next door in what became the Whirlpool building. Most of those MAN's were 291's in the early days, what a fab lorry one of the best tippers ever made. You had really arrived when you got the 331 what a motor! :thumbup:

hi Clive ,
i was on hire to c f harrington and driving a machine for m j hickey at the time when i was loading brown`s man`s .it was off the
purley way a new industrial est.yeh the man 291,331 where great trucks now adays they are moaning if it is less than 400hp !!
the poor old scammell routeman with 180 hp :doh: was once the tipper of choice for muckaway.

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #16 by v8detroit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

v8detroit wrote:
rowehillmaster wrote:.... had a look on the net, in my lunch, and came up with lights for GT40 kit cars, they use that light and I noticed a couple of older posts quoting sources, of pattern replacements - from Turkey! .... I think that the Renault 12 was made there until the mid 90s .... try this link http://www.turkeyautospareparts.com/Catalogue/1/Group/57/SubGroup/182/PageNo/3.... :D

thank`s Andy

hi andy they are the same except that the lense is
concaved it think you call it :oops: and the scammells
are flat .thank`s for your help regards john

rowehillmaster

Post #17 by rowehillmaster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Topic author
v8detroit

Post #18 by v8detroit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

thank`s Andy,
got a pair on ebay germany lefthand drive but i can swap lenses my reflectors are coroded so hope fully this will work.
regards john

Return to “Wanted”