[Wanted] Caterpillar 980h

Are you searching for equipment?
Forum rules
Please use so called TAGS in the subject of the post when posting in here.
[For sale]
[Wanted]
[Exchange]
[Swap]

Topic author
Tom.Robertson

[Wanted] Caterpillar 980h

Post #1 by Tom.Robertson » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm sure that you hate this type of topic, but i have to choice:) I have even been banned on other forum :( Those folks weren't nice. But i have to ask for a piece of advice, becouse big machnery business isn't simple!
My stepfather is in charge of purchasing Caterpillar 980h for company he works in.
We live in Amarillo, TX. We have $240,000 budget.
We are looking for it in this URL to Mascus removed category. You can click it, it's a link.
We must to find it on some website and transport it, becouse we can't find in our neighbourhood.
I have 3 main questions:
1) as i see on this pagequite , 250,000 in enough to buy this kind of machine, but we are afraid that it won't work good for a long time if it's already used a lot
2) what should we ask about before purchasing?
3) are you familiar with any companies that transport so huge machinse on a long distance? and what is the cost per mile?
I hope you will be that kind and you will answer my questions.
Thank you very much for help in advance.
Last edited by Holger on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL to Mascus removed

nick lamb

Re: [Wanted] Caterpillar 980h

Post #2 by nick lamb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Tom,if you can,find out where it's been working and what it's been working in.A 980 thats worked in a sand quarry will be better than one that's worked in a rock quarry.Find out if the previous owner was a reputable contractor or a cowboy.
At the money your talking get the local Cat dealer to do an s.o.s (oil sample on all componants).this will give you a good idea what it's like inside.Try to get any service records you can.
You get what yoiu pay for but you also pay your dollors and take your chance......that's business.
Good luck

Topic author
Tom.Robertson

Re: [Wanted] Caterpillar 980h

Post #3 by Tom.Robertson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 am

Ok, thanks for the information about s.o.s.
I will do that.

Return to “Wanted”