Taylor Hubbard Rail Crane

Discuss cranes here

Topic author
Ruston D

Taylor Hubbard Rail Crane

Post #1 by Ruston D » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm new to the site and have just dipped a toe into the world of cranes and lifting in that I have started to renovate, with others, a Taylor Hubbard rail crane. it was built in the 1969 and is now on a preserved ralway.

Due to an unfortunate incident of which little more needs to be said (not mine) one obvious hurdle to any progress are the two smashed inlet manifolds on the Ruston YDA Mk 2.Ive just been up to a crane company in Nottingham but they only had Mk 1 inlets.

If any one could point me in the direction of where I could get hold of a pair, life would be sweet and start up would come a whole lot nearer.

Any info greatfully appreciated. Pics of the manifolds are available for comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: Taylor Hubbard Rail Crane

Post #2 by martyn williams » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Can they be welded ? or are they too far gone ? I worked on one of those in 1975 at Radyr yard Cardiff :thumbup:
Martyn

Topic author
Ruston D

Re: Taylor Hubbard Rail Crane

Post #3 by Ruston D » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:06 pm

One may be but they are alloy and the casting is likely bent. The second is in many small pieces - no chance.

Return to “Cranes”