Ford based crane!

Discuss cranes here

Topic author
Gerard

Ford based crane!

Post #1 by Gerard » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Came across this when out on site on saturday, not up to speed on my ford tractor but possibly based on 1000 range of tractors, onyone seen one similar before??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wee Heavy
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Ford based crane!

Post #2 by Wee Heavy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Gerard wrote:Came across this when out on site on saturday, not up to speed on my ford tractor but possibly based on 1000 range of tractors, onyone seen one similar before??

Gerard,

I have never seen one for myself in the UK and this one might be an import of some desription or the crane has been imported and adapted to the Ford to suit

I know that the "tractor crane" idea is very popular in the mines out in South Africa and in India they are pretty much a standard bit of kit in a crane fleet.

There was a news article not so long ago and even JCB do a version for the sub continent.

All the best

Wee Heavy

modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by modelman093 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 am

Have seen pics of one built on an International wheeled tractor and here is one on a Cat D7!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 pm

It looks like Ford 5000 (force era).

BulldozerD11

Post #5 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:33 am

There were several makes out there of carry crane based on tractors. One was Hudson Kiwi which has been featured on here in an old thread. 7480 @ Hudson Kiwi Crane

A number were also based on International tractors and built by Rubbery Owen under license IIRC.

Dont recall seeing a Ford 1000 series based one but there are hundreds of different firms making conversions based on Ford tractors out there.

It looks like it been made low profile as no cab, but fitted with a low roll bar? rear probably ballasted for stability. Could be a underground mine support vehicle as exhaust appears to be ducted down below and low profile air cleaner fitted on side, similar to a County tractor and TBF Thompson dump trailer i saw recently.

Dave

Add link & clarify
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
Gerard

Post #6 by Gerard » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:26 am

forgot to say its in Melbourne, thanks for the replies

Gerard

Return to “Cranes”