Mobile Lifting Services/British Crane Hire

Discuss cranes here

Topic author
peter walker

Mobile Lifting Services/British Crane Hire

Post #1 by peter walker » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Any ex employees of Mobile lifting Services or British Crane Hire still breathing ?

keepitbrief

Re: Mobile Lifting Services/British Crane Hire

Post #2 by keepitbrief » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 am

Hi peter if you go the the mics and companies & Richards and Wallington in the index , you find some ex BCHC there.

Topic author
peter walker

Post #3 by peter walker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:56 pm

I worked for Mobile Lifting Services in the early 1960s which later became BCHC. I later became the foreman fitter in the Liverpool Depot and was there for 7 years. I left to work as a Truck Mechanic for Esso Petroleum which was less hours than working day and night for BCHC. My father Peter Walker (passed in 1993) used to operate a 50 ton Coles Gargantua with a guy called Sonny Owens ( it turned over at Ronan Point in London with a full stick (180 and fly ).
I am now the Workshop Manager for Al Jaber Heavy Lift in Abu Dhabi, UAE. We have 300 cranes here up to 3200 tons capacity. Two other ex BCHC guys used to work here also, one was Derek Fox ( just retired) and John Irwin who sadly passed away some 11 years ago.
Some of the other guys I remember at BCHC were Sylvester, Snowy, Shady, Ben Nation, Clem (2 guys with the same name) John Macateer (ex crane inspector and service manager at Liverpool ( also now passed away) Jimmy Quigley, and more, too many to mention.

kieran

Post #4 by kieran » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 pm

i was in wharf rd b/ham from 76-81 (bchc)
dont take a lift from a stranger

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #5 by Holger » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Welcome to CMN Peter!

peter walker wrote:I am now the Workshop Manager for Al Jaber Heavy Lift in Abu Dhabi, UAE. We have 300 cranes here up to 3200 tons capacity.

Woah! That sounds interesting!
Do you have photos?
Some resources:
How-To

ljohn227

Post #6 by ljohn227 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks for sharing with us great information about crane hire services. In Business, many times we need Crane services and this service provides great help to pick up and carry those heavy loads without many efforts. These days due to the growing demand of technologies and heavy equipment, need of cranes have become essentially important in every industry.

Return to “Cranes”