A few of my Tower Crane pictures.

Discuss cranes here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: A few of my Tower Crane pictures.

Post #51 by topkit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 pm

It's all clever stuff on the tower cranes i am not sure how often this set up has been used in the UK, i know down at Canary Wharf Select had roof mounted a coupe of Comedil machines right on the top of the concrete cores, i know in Germany the mount them on huge Girders on some jobs.
Iclun The old archive pictures you have are either Richier or Babcock tower cranes, the last one of those that i spotted was down in Dawlish Devon in 1990 it was painted blue and had Costain boards hanging on it. I have been lucky enough to get an original sales brochure on these cranes a while back.

NRM2

Post #52 by NRM2 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Heres a few of the crane fully up and running. It is now at full height and only the last piece of spire is now to be put on the building before its topped out

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #53 by bigkit » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Wow the crane is more impressive than the building! :shock: :lol:

lclun

Post #54 by lclun » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:05 pm

topkit wrote:It's all clever stuff on the tower cranes i am not sure how often this set up has been used in the UK, i know down at Canary Wharf Select had roof mounted a coupe of Comedil machines right on the top of the concrete cores, i know in Germany the mount them on huge Girders on some jobs.
Iclun The old archive pictures you have are either Richier or Babcock tower cranes, the last one of those that i spotted was down in Dawlish Devon in 1990 it was painted blue and had Costain boards hanging on it. I have been lucky enough to get an original sales brochure on these cranes a while back.

Thanks, but is there any BPR inside the photo?

NRM2

Post #55 by NRM2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:26 pm

To get it down they are going to place a smaller TC on the very tip of the building, then erect a derrick crane to get that one down, then take that down in pieces in the lift.

lclun

Post #56 by lclun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:34 am

The only photo I've found from a book: the Simma near my home back in 1989!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

philfavco

Post #57 by philfavco » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:26 pm

lclun wrote:Hi all, here is my tower crane library from Hong Kong:
http://www.fotop.net/lclun/Tower_crane_types

and the attached photo seems to be Richier-Weitz and BPR. Anybody is familiar with them?

and the attached photo seems to be Richier-Weitz and BPR. Anybody is familiar with them?

lclun wrote:
topkit wrote:It's all clever stuff on the tower cranes i am not sure how often this set up has been used in the UK, i know down at Canary Wharf Select had roof mounted a coupe of Comedil machines right on the top of the concrete cores, i know in Germany the mount them on huge Girders on some jobs.

Thanks, but is there any BPR inside the photo?
philfavco@yahoo.com.au...I have put them up

philfavco

Post #58 by philfavco » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:32 pm

dig deep pile high wrote:Any one got any pictures of the old Babcock cranes you used to see every where 30 years ago? I think the cabs were built into the tower above the slew ring but quite a way under the jib. They would be the same era as the Potain 646 that had the front of the cab opening to gain access.

The Babcocks u climbed through machinery into cab through hole in floor

philfavco

Post #59 by philfavco » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm

topkit wrote:I managed to pick up an original Babcock tower crane brochure a few weeks back the last one of those i saw working was back in the early 90's in Dawlish. Potain 646 Now you are talking Falcons had a few of them up to 5 years ago.

I would love a copy of Babcock brochures..I put up many In Australia late 70s early 80s philfavco@yahoo.com.au

philfavco

Post #60 by philfavco » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Yes I put up 8 or so in Australia

Return to “Cranes”