Tower Crane going up!

Discuss cranes here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Tower Crane going up!

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:34 pm

A few snaps that I took today of the start of a tower crane erection in West Bromwich; not the best time of year to get photos, some were far too dark, mind you I was only using my little point and shoot camera so not that bad all considered.
Not too sure exactly what this construction project is but it is built on the site of the old college so I guess I'll have to wait and see what the new building is when it's finished.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Tower Crane going up!

Post #2 by topkit » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 am

Nice pictures Jeremy of one of Selects Terex Comedil cranes i think its a luffer jib model going by the short counter jib, There are plenty of cranes going up now which is always a good pointer to a good economy at last.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Tower Crane going up!

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks David :thumbup: the project is to build a new school which is being erected on the site of the former West Bromwich college who now have a new building in the town centre. You are correct about the crane I will try and get a snap of the fully assembled crane, it took two weeks to assemble in as much as the main road had to be closed for the assembly crane so the job was carried out on two consecutive Sundays.

Jeremy

Return to “Cranes”