International B-414

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
beechpilot

International B-414

Post #1 by beechpilot » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I have just bought an International B-414. Great tractor. Can someone tell me where to check/add hydrolic fluid? It has a loader on it and the cylinders leak so I think the fluid is probably low. I am going to order an opperators manual since I have not found one online.
Thanks
Rick

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: International B-414

Post #2 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Rick,
Theres an International 414 parts book you can download in the download section of this forum.
Most agg. tractors of that era draw oil from the transmission for the hydraulics. The 414 is probably the same, unless you have an industrial loader with its own system.
Used to be able to get " Universal Tractor Oil" to use right through for gearbox,engine and hydraulics.
Someone here will probably be able to sdvise you better.
Fred

snowplowguy

Post #3 by snowplowguy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm

the hydraulic oil level and fill point is behind the seat to the right, a square plug with a hole drilled in the side for a vent.
keep an eye on your crank case oil level, if it seems to be to high your hydraulic pump may be leaking into the engine oil.
Mine was, just replaced the pump, great improvement in power on my loader.
I down loaded the manuals from this site.
I love my b414
All the best snowplowguy
Last edited by snowplowguy on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:Hi Rick,
Theres an International 414 parts book you can download in the download section of this forum.
Most agg. tractors of that era draw oil from the transmission for the hydraulics. The 414 is probably the same, unless you have an industrial loader with its own system.
Used to be able to get " Universal Tractor Oil" to use right through for gearbox,engine and hydraulics.
Fred

You will be able to get hold of universal tractor oil from your local oil distributors,they may have to order it in though.The price of oil has gone up a fair bit now and most companies supply it in 20 ltr plastic drums now as the 25ltr size seems to have gone :dizzy:
Good luck with you tractor
Martyn

Green Dragon

Post #5 by Green Dragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:
FOWLER MAN wrote:Hi Rick,
Fred

You will be able to get hold of universal tractor oil from your local oil distributors,they may have to order it in though.The price of oil has gone up a fair bit now and most companies supply it in 20 ltr plastic drums now as the 25ltr size seems to have gone :dizzy:
Good luck with you tractor
Martyn

Our supplier tells me 25ltr drums are too heavy to lift so now supplied in 20ltr drums. Should have been on some plant jobs I've been on, oil came in a 45 gallon barrel. :doh:

hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by hair bear » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Check which oil is recommended as I'm sure I remember not being able to use UFO in the back of some IHC tractors but I can't think which ones.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

DarkMirck

International B-414 PTO

Post #7 by DarkMirck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 am

I have an International B414. I can not engage the PTO when the transmission is in the high side. It works fine when in the low side. I do not know if this is how it was designed or if there is a problem.I have a parts catalog and repair manual but no user manual yet. Thank you in advance.......

dai

Post #8 by dai » Sun May 19, 2013 7:22 am

hi,can anybody help me,i have bought a b414,i do not know where to put the all the oils and how much ,please help me ,I am going insane , kind reguards dai :dizzy: :oops: :arrrrgh:

Mychael

Post #9 by Mychael » Tue May 28, 2013 12:09 am

My B414 PTO works great without a load on it, but when I attach my Baler, it will will not turn. Wondering what kind of adjustment I can make

Buckley b414

Post #10 by Buckley b414 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 am

I also have a B414..Does anyone know what the "Normal" operating temperature should be? I recently changed the oil (black and thick). Since then, it has gotten up to 220 deg F when operating my brush hog. The coolant seems to disappear, although there are no obvious leaks. Any thoughts?

Return to “Tractors”