Tractor World

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Tractor World

Post #1 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Some tractors that interested me at The Tractor World Auction yesterday.
BTD 6.jpg
BTD 8.jpg
D B 50TD.jpg
DB 50 D (2).jpg

Some from the display, a beautifully restored DB 50D
DB 50.jpg
DB 50 D.jpg

It said Ferguson on the frame of this roller, but I had an idea they were made by Twose???
Ferguson powered roller.jpg
Ferguson Roller.jpg

A couple of old JCB products.
JCB dumper.jpg
JCB 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Re: Tractor World

Post #2 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:Some tractors that interested me at The Tractor World Auction yesterday.

Looked very busy at the auction when i arrived later than intended after a little detour after trying to dodge the tail back at Worceser to then find the bridge shut at Upton :arrrrgh:

I went to have a look as it was finishing and saw a few interesting items but then the rain cam back so i left.

It said Ferguson on the frame of this roller, but I had an idea they were made by Twose???

Yes it says built by Twose on the plate on the front under the Ferguson name (unfortunately the photo i took of it is too poor to post) :(

I thought It was a good dispaly they made around the roller :thumbup:

I think there was less tractors this year but the show was better for it as not as crammed in, but vintage tractors were a bit thin on the ground.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by bigkit » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm

If I'd known you two boys were there I'd have said hello. I took the Super 4 there that was in the auction but it did n't sell. Still got a bit of extra haulage out and took two thers down to Gloucester on the way home. :thumbup:

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:10 am

Saw your tractor Clive,some very interesting machines there.Liked the roller and the BTD6 , how much did the BTD6 make ?
Seemed more people there this year.
Martyn

Topic author
FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #5 by FOWLER MAN » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 am

bigkit wrote:If I'd known you two boys were there I'd have said hello. I took the Super 4 there that was in the auction but it did n't sell. Still got a bit of extra haulage out and took two thers down to Gloucester on the way home. :thumbup:

Hi Clive,
Yes , it would have been good to meet you and Dave too. Been rubbing shoulders with Dave at a few events lately, but never met.
Was that your County heading home on a blue beavertail, if so we followed you for quite a few miles on our way home till we turned off for Ross.
Fred

bigkit

Post #6 by bigkit » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi chaps, no not my county or blue DAF1900 beavertail. That tractor didn't sell, nor did the Super-4 that I took down for someone else. I did n't show or sell anything, I just did a bit of haulage with the Scania in the pics above.

I had a look on the Link Club stand and spoke for a while with John Gaunt, I saw Bary Cosslett but we did n't speak. There were a few other faces but I had no idea who they were! Next time I suggest we all wear name badges!!!! :lol:

Apparently not many sold the reserves were too high, so I heard, but what do I know! There were a few nice bits but nothing that really got me going. :( More heavy metal for me! :thumbup: :D

tctractors

Post #7 by tctractors » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Clive, my " Tent " is only about 4 miles from the show, I would have loved to have met up with you, could have shown you a pile of top banging Scanias,730's down to 440's, about 30 trucks in the Herd or there about, plus a 140LBS and 3 142's, there is even a D8K to play with, its always sad to miss the chance of meeting up with folk, I did meet Fred for the first time, plus quite a few of the "Metal Huggers" ;) Martyn, Barry, Mike (who has been in a tough place health wise, but is now looking ready for a shift) plus the usual local "Pub Uglys" that often give me jobs, I can tell you I was glad of the morning off,as I have had a few feet pressing my backside for the last 2 months getting jobs done so it was a good un-wind for me, the D4D on the stand has seen some of my spanners piston + liner wise plus a hub bearing haul up.

tctractors

bigkit

Post #8 by bigkit » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Shame Tony, :( next time I'm over that way I'll advertise on the radio, we could all meet up at the bun wagon, chew on some bacon and swap the Malvern Hills for the Brecon Beacons!!! Oh, and you can recount more of your "tales from the tool box" :D describing in detail the "odd" folk you've met on your travels, push bikes and all!! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

As for the Scanias etc...........cant wait for the tour! :thumbup: :lol: :bow: :thumbup:

tctractors

Post #9 by tctractors » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 am

Clive, after a brain swap I recalled the name of the "Peddle Merchant" then sent a p.m. to Dicky about it, he knew the chap, this Reg fellow was some sort of "love demon" as the amount of females hanging off his arm (fit High Steppers') was something to behold, the flash Jag's and £200 whistle and flutes was never ending, some years later there was a play on the Fools Lantern (T.V.) of a wayward Plant Hire Boss, at the end of the play he was seen escaping on top of a double decker bus roof from a gang of "Pub Ugly's), this actor even looked like Reg, I am sure the play was based on him, anyhow the crack was always good.

blowing it on tctractors

Julian

Post #10 by Julian » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Return to “Tractors”