haulage

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
d4c24a

haulage

Post #1 by d4c24a » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:08 am

i thought i would start this off with a picture of the tractor and rollonof i use to move my D4 about,its handy having a very good mate whos is a farmer :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

martyn williams

Re: haulage

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Hello Graham
Looks a good way and safe way of moving your D4 around.There has been a few tragic accidents this rally season loading tractors.
I would love a Scammell lowloader with a knock out rear wheel Dyson trailer to transport my stuff around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robban_C

Post #3 by Robban_C » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:02 pm

I´d better join and ad a pic. My MB-Trac hauling my EC35. Not that shiny tractor and not a dozer but at least a machine on tracks. :D
The trailer is actually the worst "machine" in my business. It´s to old with to little capacity. And the tires are exploding now and then (3 times this year) due to a combination of weight and most of all to high speed (50-55 km/h, 31-34 mph) for those tires, they are made for 30 km/h, 19 mph.
I´m searching for a new trailer (probably a used one), preferably a hook lift trailer such as the one on d4c24a:s pic above. But they all have the same tires (400/60-15,5) that I have or one size bigger (500/50-17). Those bigger tires can´t take the speed either and they are double the price.

d4c24a:
What tires are you using on that trailer?
What´s the capacity of the trailer? And of the tires (weight and speed rating)?
What´s the make of the trailer? I have never seen it before.

b100 wrote:... There has been a few tragic accidents this rally season loading tractors. ...
What has happened?
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #4 by d4c24a » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:56 pm

hi robban the trailer is made by roland and i thinks its plated at 22 tons ,it has ABS braking and runs on 18r 22.5 super singles,i have gone into the scrapyard grossing 26 ton all up and it tows at 50 kmh lovely, my freind has a plant plate (shown) and a number of bins from 15 yrds to 40 yards
thanks graham
martyn hows the foot i see TC has been ribbing you a bit ,we had a dyson i think trailer with a knock out axle ,but the neck has been cut off and its now just a drawbar
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Robban_C

Post #5 by Robban_C » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks for the info! :thumbs_up:

I´ve had some discussions on the Swedish sajt about hook lift trailers and tires. It seems that your way is the way to go. Truck tires instead of agricultural tires as truck tires are made for speed.
I´ve thought of buying the rear end of a scrapped truck with hook lift and converting it into a trailer but the problem right now is that I have so much work for my business. If you could call that a problem? :D
I´ll start a thread with some pics in case I decide to start such a project.

Thanks again! :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #6 by d4c24a » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:09 pm

robban i can give you one peice of advice if you do build one the tractor hydraulics are not man enough ,this one has its own tank and built in pump driven via PTO it would be better if the tractor hydraulics could run a pump to power the hooklift ,then you have no PTO to take off when turning sharp

martyn williams

Post #7 by martyn williams » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:44 pm

Hello Robban
An exhibitor got killed loading his tractor,it slipped off the ramps trapping him in the seat.
Hello Graham, the foot is a bit sore,more frustrating that I cant work on my projects.Tony is a bit envious that my old banger is still upto a lot of work.I was going down to Karls on Wednesday to finnish off the first part of the workout,a mornings work grading around the stables would have done the job.The ground was very hard and compact,digging up pipes sleepers and big rocks.The second stage is to move a large pile of rock,then to fill in with the stuff dug out bythe stables.
Cheers
Martyn

Robban_C

Post #8 by Robban_C » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:27 pm

d4c24a:
I guess that you talk about lack of hydraulic flow?
We had that discussion at Maskinisten as well. At 40 l/m the MB isn´t a super performer from a hydraulic flow point of view.
But that´s an easy problem on an MB. They have a separate belt driven hydraulic pump. And even place for a third belt in case the torque needed to drive a bigger pump is to big for twin belts.
PTO driven pump was also discussed but I didn´t know about having to take the PTO off at sharp turns. There you see, something new to learn again! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thanks for your info!

b100:
Sorry to hear that. Accidents happen now and then but its always sad when someone gets hurt.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #9 by d4c24a » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 pm

hi robban the problem with the sharp turns is that the link arms can catch the PTO shaft,if you are on level ground and just swapping bins it can be left on other wise we always disconnect as its on its 5 th or 6th shaft now :dizzy: if you have no link arms it ok

Robban_C

Post #10 by Robban_C » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:07 pm

I have the cable for the rear lights on one side of the draw bar. And I have link arms on my MB. So the cable has been cut and repaired several times. :mrgreen:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Return to “Tractors”