Lamborghine 674-70 // SAME Explorer II - 70hp Gear selector help needed!

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
le.maisonniau
Flag: France

Lamborghine 674-70 // SAME Explorer II - 70hp Gear selector help needed!

Post #1 by le.maisonniau » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Hi Guys,
For my 70th birthday, I treated myself to a 70horse 4 wheel drive tractor with a cab :D
(Badly needed to pull logs home from my wood :angel: )

Its an oldy but goody, its a 1987 model (Lamborghini) in very good condition, excellent motor, It just needed a mechanical regulator and fuel pump and the tank and fuel lines purged after I first drove it home, now it runs as sweet as anything (This was done under the warranty by tractor dealer), it is a very good starter even in sub-zero temps.

Issue I have is:
A: there are 3 (THREE) gear sticks :lol: :lol:
1; for Hi - lo (Hare and Tortoise) 2; 1,2,3 and 4 range selector and 3; a forward - reverse selector (including another position shift for a lower range)

B: I have got used to the gears etc. my problem is getting reverse selected, it seems a mechanical issue and has to do with the travel on the selector sticks, they all seem to have an affect on each other as I move them around :o :oops:

Is there any knowledgeable chap out there who can give me a pointer on where to start looking and what adjustments to make :wave:

Now problems putting up pictures, descriptions etc. I would like to have a crack myself before going back to dealer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When you come to a fork in the road - take it :dizzy:

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Lamborghine 674-70 // SAME Explorer II - 70hp Gear selector help needed!

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:44 pm

Now that's what I call a Birthday present :claphands: and why not, sorry but I have no tractor knowledge, but somebody here should be able to point you in the right direction, I take it you did have a great Birthday then, congratulations. :D :claphands: :wave:

Jeremy

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:18 am

Not a particularly common marque in the UK, and particularly here in the SE. If no one can help here then perhaps someone might on The Farming Forum
(TFF).

Topic author
le.maisonniau
Flag: France

Post #4 by le.maisonniau » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:13 pm

Hi All, :wave:
An update, I popped back to the dealer I bought the tractor from, I spoke to the "chef du garage", (I live in France) he said, just bring it in I will have a look.

Took it in, he got underneath, made me waggle the 'forward - reverse' stick', said hold on, now try it, - voila, it works, he said leave it with me, it'll be ready Monday AM (This was Friday pm)

Monday 0900 :o , had a call, 'your tractor is ready' nipped back and collected it (garage is 6kms from home), It is working perfect, BUT cost a whopping 1 euro and 64 cents, this was for a retaining spring that pulls a security 'doo dah' in place so forward or reverse can be selected and more importantly de-selected, so the operator cannot go direct from forward into reverse whilst travelling at speed and crunching the gearbox.

Very impressed, a happy bunny. :D

I am currently rebuilding the roof liner and adding in a new radio console with a bank of work light switches (as you do) I will put up some pictures when its done.
Well ! I have to keep occupied haven't I :roll:
Meanwhile, I am just waiting for the brush cutter head to arrive for the digger :angel:
When you come to a fork in the road - take it :dizzy:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:47 pm

Great result then :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Tractors”