IH 276 Lube info

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
daddypine
Flag: Great Britain

IH 276 Lube info

Post #1 by daddypine » Mon May 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi,
I have an International Harvester 276 which I have derived may have been built in the Doncaster works,uk.

I wonder can anyone guide me as to wether this is basically the same machine, engine, gearbox,etc as the 275?

Also, I seem to be having difficulty working out where to find the oil capacities, lube types and grease points and do the hydraulics work from the same oil as the back axle/PTO. etc. There is a filler on the top at the rear of the drivers seat but I can't seem to find any level bung. I have downloaded the 275 manuals on here but can't seem to find the info I need.

Do I need to find an operators manual and would that tell me and also, should I be ok using 10/30 multi-Agri oil for everything if no answers are offered on the above questions?

Many thanks in advance.

agrimax

Re: IH 276 Lube info

Post #2 by agrimax » Tue May 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Same machine as the 275 except for the bonnet which is the same as on a 434.Think the gearbox oil is linked to the diff housing/back axle and uses 80w/90 and the hydraulics use hytran or any UTTO,although your 10w/30 will be fine as well. Read somewhere that the hyd oil level should be 3 1/2 inches below the top of the filler hole behind the seat.

There is a bit of old info here......
http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/tr ... fac70f3261

Fairley-75

Re: IH 276 Lube info

Post #3 by Fairley-75 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:46 am

Perhaps yours is set up differently but my 276 only has the the one filter and one tank. Basically everything on the tractor uses the same oil apart from the transmission, I just use the super universal tractor oil on mine and it runs fine, hope this helps.

Return to “Tractors”