444 International control levers

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
GaryW

444 International control levers

Post #1 by GaryW » Sat May 23, 2015 5:28 pm

My friend just purchased a 444 International tractor. He repaired it and it now runs. However, both of us are at a loss as to 4 control levers. I have included a photo of the 4 levers, all on the right side of the tractor, with blue arrows pointing to them. Can someone please identify their uses ????

Thank You, Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: 444 International control levers

Post #2 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat May 23, 2015 9:49 pm

the pedal is the diff lock

the one beside the seat I would think would be the linkage up and down

the one beside the transmission would be the PTO by the looks of it

keep in mind I have never driven one of these just using common placement of levers and the like on tractors so I may be completely wrong good luck with it all

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

jtsfahy

Post #3 by jtsfahy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:31 pm

i would imagine the one beside the seat with the square handle is the spool valve

Vanderbeck

Post #4 by Vanderbeck » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:28 am

Evening, we got our 444 back in '76, it's still in use.
The peddle is the differential lock, locks the rear wheel axels so both rear wheels receive power and drive at the same time - this is great when you need the extra traction however, it greatly reduces your ability of tight radius turning. The two lever next to the seat are to operate your three-point hitch. The square one is to set your draft ( allows the three-point hitch to float with in a range ) once this is set it is best to leave it alone. The round ball is he main control to lift and lower your three-point hitch. The thin arm level looks like our PTO lever but ours is on the left side of the seat against the transmission body. You've likely figured the two peddle at the front of the right side deck is a brake for the individual rear wheels. The little plate on the right peddle can be swung over into the left peddle creating a single rear brake - great for extended roadway driving ( using a single brake peddle could put you in a dangerous position on the highway if used). Individual these peddles can help you steer in a tight radius, I've had to use it to realign my traction a few rime, it comes very handy. I notice the tool box is on the right fender, ours is a square top tool box and it is on the left fender. under the seat i see a valve, not sure what else you'll have but we have two. both control the hydraulics which operate the three-point hitch. One shuts it off, like a lock out so it will not drop or creep down over time when in the raised position. The second valve controls the speed the arms of the three-point hitch lower. If your experiencing difficulty with the operation of the arms check the positions of these calves - sometimes the vibration will cause them to turn. I see you have chains on, we ran into an issue where the fender light wire ran up the outboard side of the fender and our chains had corks which ripped the wiring out. The remedy was in case the wiring in conduit and wet set the wheels out further.

Return to “Tractors”