Adjust clutch international 444 diesels

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
Ridley

Adjust clutch international 444 diesels

Post #1 by Ridley » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:18 am

How to adjust clutch ont ih 444 Was blowing snow now got stuck in gear and clutch ses to be toouch clearance Any advice would help to adjust clutch to see if that would work. Thanks in Afbsmce

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Adjust clutch international 444 diesels

Post #2 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 am

do you have a photo of the clutch linkage it sounds like its stuck in two gears to me

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
Ridley

Post #3 by Ridley » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 am

:dizzy: Have no photo but you might b right because when I was backing down my drive way which is a big steep hill and I was blowing the snow in reverse it se like it got stuck and it jped into first great and I couldn't get it out of gear so I had to drive up drive andale a u turn to drive down toy fa and them I parked it but can't se to put in great without killing engin and also when in netural the shifter doesn't d
Se right Thanks for the reply :!:

Mrsmackpaul

Post #4 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:46 am

it would appear a common IH problem worn linkages and selector forks
I would think if you can pull the to off the you should be able to see whats not lined up and pry it back into line might want to chock the wheels and put he hand brake on if your still on a hill other wise it will roll away when you pull it out of gear

Paul

Topic author
Ridley

Post #5 by Ridley » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:36 pm

:dizzy: Thanks it shouldn't b to hard to do that I know my Nuffield 10/60 did that often so I changed the clutch just last month but again during blowing snow with it it still got stuck in gear that is why I bought the Ih 444 but it seem it does the same as my Nuffield I will take the couver off of ih 444 this weekend and as for my Nuffield 10/60 I think I will get rid of it tired of working on it and just converse on my ih 444. If u know any body that needs a Nuffield let me knows lol Thanks again for the Reply :wave:

Mrsmackpaul

Post #6 by Mrsmackpaul » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:28 am

most times I have found that the worn bits can be built up with the welder and ground back in a small amount of time and the problem is solved for ever

Paul

Topic author
Ridley

Post #7 by Ridley » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:29 am

Will I will see if it is the shifter when I take the couver off but I'm not to sure if that is the problem because it is hard to but on gear and when I puts the clutch it now ses like there too much play on pedal and now I have pull kill switch to stop tractor because it stays in gear. Thanks for the help I hope when I take couver off I will see the problem I just don't to change clutch because it worked great before this. Thanks again :bow:

Vanderbeck

Post #8 by Vanderbeck » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Morning, we've, my dad is having the same issue, seems to be common item. We, he was told a local welder has the ability to add to the bottom of the shift level to help prevent it from slipping out of the slot in the shift slide plate. I'm starting to think there is something else going on with this situation. We experienced while working in reverse and usually on a grade it jams as you've all indicated. But if it is in one gear, weather forward or reverse, if it slipped out of the slot you would think it would be left / stuck in the same gear, but it is not. My dad and brother have experienced the tractor shifting into gear on its own. It happens when they are hocking up to the 3-p-h by themselves or working on something off the tractor. It slips into gear and start moving - very scary. I'm starting to think the other plates are sliding on their own. Looking at the diagram it appears there are spacer plates. If the max tolerance of these plates, both spacers and shift plates become narrow is it possible there is not enough friction to keep them in place under normal operations?

Topic author
Ridley

Post #9 by Ridley » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks for reply had to change clutch it was Finnish

Return to “Tractors”