Registering an old Fergie

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
boothsteve

Registering an old Fergie

Post #1 by boothsteve » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi i am wanting to register my Massey Ferguson for road use, Dvla say i need vehicle documents but i have no documents apart from an old manual. Has anyone registered there own, and know the process. Thanks.

martyn williams

Re: Registering an old Fergie

Post #2 by martyn williams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

I have done it a few times,its harder these days as the local offices are being closed down.Go onto the DVLA website and check if your office is still open.Then get serial numbers off the machine,contact the Ferguson club.They will let you know the date it was built.They should also help in geting it road reg with an age related plate as they will provide details for the DVLA ,you may also get a DVLA person to look at the tractor to check its existance.When I did my T20 it was givern an allocated spare Scottish prefix plate at that time.If you have no original reg plate on the tractor you will find your local office helpfull,if its still open,You can get the V5 form from your post office
Good luck
Martyn

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 pm

DVLA Inspection

and verification of vintage tractors.

This is a service offered by the FMPS. Our approved expert Norman Wasteney will be pleased to inspect your tractor on behalf of the DVLA and guide you through the "red tape" required to register it.

The requirements are that you have available some good quality and clear photographs of the tractor and must show the front, side, and a close up of the serial numbers.

The cost for this service is £30.00 (2013) and this fee entitles you to membership of the Farm Machinery Preservation Society.
As a member you will receive the quarterly magazine and any information that is communicated to members throughout the year including an entry form to the Annual Vintage Rally.

DVLA Contact:

Norman Wasteney 01245 440947

Topic author
boothsteve

Post #4 by boothsteve » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Thankyou.

peter s

Post #5 by peter s » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi Steve, If you still are still having problems registering your tractor let me know Ill put you in touch with a man who did a couple for me last year at a very reasonable price , Peter s 07794 529524.

STEVEM

Post #6 by STEVEM » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:05 am

I remember applying for a V5 for my fordson super major for which i had the original buff log book, inspected by dvla, log book still came back as a massey ferguson 1st time.

have a TEF20 i mean to get on the road but just using around the farm so have never bothered

Return to “Tractors”