Case David Brown 1290 Help required

Discuss tractors here

Topic author
bullraiser

Case David Brown 1290 Help required

Post #1 by bullraiser » Tue May 22, 2012 7:39 am

I have recently bought this tractor and it has a few mods so I am trying to figure out where to put the hydraulic oil as I can't see a filler bung. A hydraulic fitting is attached, could be the dump, so I am thinking I will remove it and chuck some oil in see if the level on the dipstick goes up. Good idea??

I am looking for the oil pressure switch, no wiring going anywhere that looks promising. Pulled out a fitting just beneath the fuel filters on left side of engine but it just was a nut with a hole in it and something stuck in the hole, looks dodgey to me but I reckon it could be where the oil pressure switch should be. Any ideas?

Where is the transmission filled, can only see a likely bung type nut under the seat on the left?

Does anyone know where to get a free service manual? or a schematic showing all the tractor service points?

Thanks for any help guys

TEZB

Re: Case David Brown 1290 Help required

Post #2 by TEZB » Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Try the David Brown tracor club website

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 am

Or here: http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

It may take a while for the mods to sign you in but a wealth of tractor knowledge.

Also as first reply:http://www.dbtc.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=57962

Topic author
bullraiser

Post #4 by bullraiser » Sat May 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks essexpete that link was a great help. Confirmed pretty much what I was thinking re the hydraulic oil filler. Mine has been used as a return as well. Cheers

Return to “Tractors”