small square baler

Discuss harvesters here

Topic author
lui oneill

small square baler

Post #1 by lui oneill » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I was wondering has anyone any manuals on balers they could send me something to look over to help me understand how they work?
thanks

essexpete

Re: small square baler

Post #2 by essexpete » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Have you got a baler? This may be of interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoB_1meRa9A

Scooby
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Scooby » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:08 am

That is far too complicated as an introduction to how knotters work. It can be explained much more simply with two fingers and a length of baler twine.
Six up front .............................means plenty of grunt.

Image Image

RichardJW~

Post #4 by RichardJW~ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:49 am

Hey up Scooby,
How you doing?.....how has the summer been for you?
All well here, finished the spring barley last week so thats harvest over for another year.......all things considered the crops have done quite well this year

Scooby

Post #5 by Scooby » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Richard. Yes, doing quite well now thank you. Have just about finished the new shed, despite the protestations of the neighbours ;) The Planners even made me put in the position where I really wanted it so a win win situation for me. Everybody seems to be keeping up with combining round here. Some not busting fit but mostly good samples and better yields than was thought possible a few months ago.

How's things with you these days ? Busy as ever I guess. I am also going to PM you after posting this. Got some news for you.
Six up front .............................means plenty of grunt.

Image Image

RichardJW~

Post #6 by RichardJW~ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Scooby,

All good thanks, dodging away down here on the edge of the world, corn is in the barn now and they'll be on hedge-trimming and ploughing shortly, mind you others around us still have some w/wheat to do which seems to be taking longer to ripen this year. Plenty of grockels about soaking up the sun (and the rain) this summer, got a house full of B&B as it is.

We did actually do a little bit of conventional baling (small squares) hay & straw this year for some folks around us, mind you we're talking hundreds, not thousands because no bu99er likes picking them up :D what a fine thing the round baler is, ehh :claphands:

geoffdiggerman

Post #7 by geoffdiggerman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi all
Iv just bought a jones square baler. For its age its in good shape, but theres a problem it wasnt stringed & I cant figure it out! :dizzy:
can anyone help????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Post #8 by essexpete » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:16 am

Most balers are threaded by following the eyes from the string box. There is likely to be a tension plate close to the box which the string must pass under. After the last eyes (in pairs left and right) the string is passed through the needle eyes (these should be in the fully retracted at rest position). Tie off the 2 string to part of the fixed frame somewhere convenient. Then with care trip the knotter mech and turn over the baler by rolling the fly wheel. Be careful turning the baler by hand as the momentum in the fly wheel and crank can cause the baler to continue or turn backwards in some cases. Don't put your hand or arm in any where with out being sure the crank cannot move. Sorry if that is obvious.

komatsu d475-1

Post #9 by komatsu d475-1 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 am

if you cant get anyone to pick them up,get one of these :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f2XLx9OC

trottier

Post #10 by trottier » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 am

I must be getting old. I can remember sqaure bales in Canada. Straw was the lightest. hahah

Return to “Harvesters”