New Holland 8070

Discuss harvesters here

BulldozerD11

Re: New Holland 8070

Post #51 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:33 am

Rolyd8k wrote:
RichardJW~ wrote:That would be interesting....containerising a New Holland combine!!!!!

:lol: would,nt it just,just dug out this old 1972 price list when i bought that 1540
the price is before discount,and wheat at £35 ton,at todays wheat price £110 ton
a new combine should be under £20,000 and not over £100,000 shit that dont add up :dizzy:

Hi Roly

Bet you thought that they were dear enough back then !

With maths like that it makes you think why the economy doesnt add up any more. :idea:
When the man who spends all year working to make / grow something and he gets less than the bloke who sells it on (often without even having to handle it), yet to grow and harvest the crop u have to lay out the cost of a flat or a small house. :doh:

I went to LAMMA at Newark the other week, to get some photos of various kit and diden bother asking how much they were, wish I had now as a comparison.

The money that must have been lined in the field at Newark must run to a few million £ x 10. If a new combines £100k + Whats a Challanger or a JD rubber tracked crawler run at ?

Heres an Challenger MT 765C that was on display. http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Ch ... G_4620.jpg

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

RichardJW~

Post #52 by RichardJW~ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 am

BulldozerD11 wrote:
With maths like that it makes you think why the economy doesnt add up any more. :idea:
When the man who spends all year working to make / grow something and he gets less than the bloke who sells it on (often without even having to handle it), yet to grow and harvest the crop u have to lay out the cost of a flat or a small house. :doh:

There are fewer and fewer mechants around now so they pretty much dictate the price of what they'll pay for corn, also they only want to send artics for loads and take a sharp intake of breath if you dare mention selling 16 tons.
Brother was after fertilizer last month, choice was either a Polish-made sort or one Euro brand, that was it and the reps attitude was take it or leave it.

They have this 'Farm Assurance' scheme where you have to take measures to keep the grain store free of birds, the light bulbs have to have protection to prevent exploded glass falling in the corn, all the chemicals have to be traceable blah, blah. They take the corn away and tip it in the same bl00dy heap as someone who isn't in the scheme - Imagine the cost of a shed to this spec. to store a hundred ton of corn at today's price.....o.k. so some of the ideas are good common sense, but lets have it the same for everyone who sells corn in to the EEC......you'd have thought our dynamic minister for the countryside would be quick to defend the interests of British Agriculture in Brussels.....well maybe not considering his parentage.

We had some jobsworth come around to check up and justify his position the end of last year. Last bright idea he had was that we had a sign outside the door with a full list of things that people(visitors) should do and phone numbers to ring if they arrived on the farm a the family had been wiped out.

No wonder Britain can't produce anything any more, we're bogged down with supporting all these civil servants.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap-box now.

RjW

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #53 by Rolyd8k » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi Roly

Bet you thought that they were dear enough back then !

Dave[/quote]
Yes Dave,its the only business i know where you can lay out a ton of money but bont know
what return you,ll get 12 months later,at March price for feed wheat at £97 ton it dont
even cover the cost of production :dizzy:

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #54 by Rolyd8k » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 pm

They have this 'Farm Assurance' scheme where you have to take measures to keep the grain store free of birds, the light bulbs have to have protection to prevent exploded glass falling in the corn, all the chemicals have to be traceable blah, blah. They take the corn away and tip it in the same bl00dy heap as someone who isn't in the scheme - Imagine the cost of a shed to this spec. to store a hundred ton of corn at today's price.....o.k. so some of the ideas are good common sense, but lets have it the same for everyone who sells corn in to the EEC......you'd have thought our dynamic minister for the countryside would be quick to defend the interests of British Agriculture in Brussels.....well maybe not considering his parentage.

No wonder Britain can't produce anything any more, we're bogged down with supporting all these civil servants.

Richard, we spent lots of money fixing up our grain store to comply with the rules and regs,
as well as the expensive annual crop assurance for traceability,when a boat load of
foreign wheat turnes up with no traceability the bloody merchants are soon down the
docks picking it up,as you say it all ends up on the same heap :evil: my assurance
man asked me if i would take a sprayer test,i told him to go jump off tower bridge i,ve
been spraying for 43 years and claim grandfarther rights,what a load of bullshit :dizzy:

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #55 by Rolyd8k » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:05 pm

The pair of old 8070,s have gathered the harvest in again :thumbs_up:well
almost that is,apart from a tankfull of wheat apiece when we got rained off
last night,not bad for a couple of 25 and 30 year olds :thumbs_up:and its
still raining :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RichardJW~

Post #56 by RichardJW~ » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 pm

ahhhhh....poetry in motion......doncha just love those days when everything is going right!

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #57 by Rolyd8k » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:39 am

fitting up a cyclone after the corn dresser speeded up harvest and kept the
yard free of chaff and crap from the corn by dumping the tailings and dust
straight into a trailer, allowing the combines to open up there sieves and go
faster letting the 20tph dresser clean up the sample, and how bad the weather,s
been it paid off :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #58 by John Gaunt » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 am

Great pictures, Roly, I hope you harvest that last bit in the next day or so.
We (my brother in-law) and I are planning to start harvest (spring barley) on Monday next week.

Topic author
Rolyd8k

Post #59 by Rolyd8k » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

John Gaunt wrote:Great pictures, Roly, I hope you harvest that last bit in the next day or so.
We (my brother in-law) and I are planning to start harvest (spring barley) on Monday next week.

John,we finaly finished harvest this morning with moister at 14.5%,and plenty of dust,
did you manage to get going.

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #60 by John Gaunt » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Roly, Pleased you got finished :thumbs_up:
We didn't get started today. It's been drizzling on and off all afternoon. Instead, we've been trimming back trees along the single track road that we have to take the combine down. The MF 865 is a pretty wide machine.
I'm guessing that it will be Wed now before we start.

Return to “Harvesters”