New Holland 8070

Discuss harvesters here

RichardJW~

Re: New Holland 8070

Post #71 by RichardJW~ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 am

Neil D wrote:Yes Martyn, I helped on the home farm and the uncle had a flock of 130 ewes, manys a time I was roped into helping him wth them- discontented devils would be the understatement of the year more like a "shower of whores bastards". They're one part of farming I dont miss!!!
Richard, thanks for the photos, interesting your comment about the County gearchange, I have driven a lot of modern tractors but I reckon a well used 5or 7000 with the crashbox is as easy to drive.
Neil

i sympathise with you on the sheep......I was at home for 4 yrs after leaving school and detested the bl00dy things....always looking to break in to another field or die!......brother is home there now and he's got several more than we did in the mid 80s....we been hit bad with TB so the cattle numbers took a real dive over the last 10 years

Years ago we had a 4000, cost us a bl00dy fortune with the poxy engine :backto: as you say snappy little box and lasted well......as i am sure you know the 1174 (and 84) shifters are on the r.h. side, the extra leverage them levers give it will see shift forks (usually 3/7) break quite easily in the hands of a lunatic and this is the problem.....and its not an easy repair to do :D .....unless they had done a bodge job and cut the shift rail with the 4 inch grinder, replaced the fork and welded the shift rail back togther again :arrrrgh:
Upshifting say with a full load of corn on from say sixth high dual to seventh then 7th high can be a bit too much of a jump around here on the hills, to get to seventh low you got to be quick on your toes to ease off the smoke pedal, kick the dual power and then back on the smoke pedal again.

Scooby
Flag: Great Britain

Post #72 by Scooby » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:22 am

Remember what the late John Cherrington said about sheep (at least I think it was him).

1. They walk about with a limp.
2. They spend a lot of time at the neighbours.
3. And they have a strong propensity to just lie down and die for no apparent reason.

And one of my customers always said that she didn't like them either alive OR dead. I personally think that when you leave them long enough to get a bit of fat on, then hang them for 10 days minimum and you've got them in the freezer then you're home and dry. :lol:
Six up front .............................means plenty of grunt.

Image Image

Neil D

Post #73 by Neil D » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Scooby wrote:Remember what the late John Cherrington said about sheep (at least I think it was him).

1. They walk about with a limp.
2. They spend a lot of time at the neighbours.
3. And they have a strong propensity to just lie down and die for no apparent reason.

And one of my customers always said that she didn't like them either alive OR dead. I personally think that when you leave them long enough to get a bit of fat on, then hang them for 10 days minimum and you've got them in the freezer then you're home and dry. :lol:

So true so very true!!!

Richard, I do not have much experience on Countys but remember being told the sideshift design was not as robust as fords own, having said that there are always donkeys about with no mechanical sypathy at all! A proper driver on these old girls can change gear effortlessly and smoothly without taking out the gearbox. I had a Caseih 5150 pro plus on a 12 ton dumptrailer, it was the exception to the rule, no matter how hard you tried you could never get a smooth change unless you were in a field where the softer ground seemed to cushion the change!

Neil

bogtrotter

Post #74 by bogtrotter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:56 pm

1st fields of winter wheat came off beginning of the week this side the county Richard. Have just started on new farm apparently next door to a good collection of county's, rent ground off them so will see if i can get some pics.

RichardJW~

Post #75 by RichardJW~ » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 pm

bogtrotter wrote: Have just started on new farm apparently next door to a good collection of county's, rent ground off them so will see if i can get some pics.

ideal....will forward to that

Magus

Post #76 by Magus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:44 pm

hello

Do anyone have the specification of 8070, please post it on this site

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Post #77 by TrevorJ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:37 pm

RichardJW~

Post #78 by RichardJW~ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:02 pm

depends if he is after the old 8070 from the 1980s, or the latest CX8070 from the past few years.....although they are both conventional combines but quite different in size and capacity

Dah

Post #79 by Dah » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Nice sharp pictures - what type of camera did you use?

Return to “Harvesters”