hedge cutter

Discuss harvesters here

Topic author
d4c24a

hedge cutter

Post #1 by d4c24a » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:23 pm

this was posted on the BFF forum and i thought it would be of interest here too :thumbs_up:
make sure the sound is up :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3D4FN5c ... re=related
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Gordon 2

Re: hedge cutter

Post #2 by Gordon 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:10 pm

A vicious looking beast !!! If he tilted it up 90 degrees i'll bet he could fly off to the next job pretty quick eh ?? Did you watch the turn around wheel on the ploughing tractor ?

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #3 by d4c24a » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Gordon 2 wrote:A vicious looking beast !!! If he tilted it up 90 degrees i'll bet he could fly off to the next job pretty quick eh ?? Did you watch the turn around wheel on the ploughing tractor ?

ha ha just been back and found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66h61wbj ... re=related
what do you make of it :lol: it saves a bit of shunting :thumbs_up:
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by hair bear » Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 pm

And I thought my old Bomford 580 Bushwacker was an animal!
The 18' reach needed 30psi in the n/s/r tyre just to keep the tractor level. It had a second 'elbow' joint to allow the far side of the hedge to be done (never seen another quite like it), and was so heavy even with a full set of nose weights, front wheel weights, extra fuel and tool boxes carried on the front, the slightest amount of frivolity with the clutch would have it sitting on it's oil tank, working at full reach on an uphill run could often leave you perched on one wheel. I ran this tractor every day for 3 years and the only 'faliures' were one clutch and a blown core plug.
Amazes me that so many modern hedging combos have 120+hp 4wd tractors with almost minimal sized trimmers on them - how did we cope 30 years ago?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

RichardJW~

Post #5 by RichardJW~ » Thu May 09, 2013 7:34 am

yay, a Morris Marina pick-up, we had one of those....x reg in white with a 1275 mini engine in it

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by jcb4cx » Thu May 09, 2013 6:45 pm

RichardJW~ wrote:yay, a Morris Marina pick-up, we had one of those....x reg in white with a 1275 mini engine in it

Ha ha we put an 1800 tc in my mates :dizzy:
every village has one , is yours missing you

Return to “Harvesters”