allis chalmers dd grader

Discuss graders here

Topic author
trackson

allis chalmers dd grader

Post #1 by trackson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Hear is our old Allis Chalmers dd grader 4cyl ford diesel we have a wf Allis Chalmers road patrol grader and a horse drawn bristand grader :) john

URL of the original image: http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc379/lanz3606/Picture769.jpg
Last edited by trackson on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: allis chalmers dd grader

Post #2 by Holger » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Nice one John!
How old is that machine?
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
trackson

Post #3 by trackson » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 am

YES it is a 1956 built full hydrulic blade slew wheel tilt rippers exept no power steering very handy around the property. cheers john

Jim M
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Jim M » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Yea Niceone John.

Jim

Deas Plant

Post #5 by Deas Plant » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:12 am

Hi, Trackson.
It's good to see one of those jiggers still working. How does the Ford diesel handle it? All the DD's that I operated had an AC diesel engine and were not a bad machine at all considering that they were flat out weighing 8 tons. The later Fiat-Allis 65B that I operated had an auto trans in it which made it a good bit more user-friendly. It also had a rear ripper which gave it a fair bit more weight over the drive and helped with the traction.

Thanks for sharing.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

TaylorLambert

Post #6 by TaylorLambert » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 am

Trackson we have a standard D at the landfill I run. Hany about keeping the road up and dressing the lift cover up. Ours had a frozen and cracked block wen we got it. Good point is you dont have to pull the radiator cap to check coolant. We were wondering about puttin in a diesel later as the motor fouls number 3 with soot every 10 hours. Do you know of what Ford Motor your running.

Topic author
trackson

Post #7 by trackson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi taylor the motor is a ford 5000 the radiator is not orignal ether the motor was in it when i got it here is beter look at the ripers on the grader :thumbup: and the county 1004 and britstand ripers cheers john

URL of the original image: http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc379/lanz3606/Picture748.jpg

TaylorLambert

Post #8 by TaylorLambert » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks John I have a Ford powered Terrain king sweeper I mabout to make the broom a skid steer mount. It has a Ford Diesel in it. I like the rippers on your machine I d like a set on ours at work for the road but moslty we grade sand and clay haul roads. The D's that im familiar with had the scarifiers right in front of the operator with cylinder like the blade uses mounted in on the right of the neck I think. Kind of hard to see. A paver here has one Im looking at but it lacks a wheel lean.

Our D has add on power steering we robbed off an old Hyster fork lift with a fouled motor. We added a cylinder to the steering arm makes it super easy. My brothers first D had the manual blade angle with the mechanical pin puller and the stab in the the ground and reverse angle lol.

Thats a great looking 1004 County. One of my friends is an importer exporter and a Collector. I had only seen County machinery in Classic Plant Magazine. He got his from Puerto Rico from the Cane fields. I think the brought 6 here to the states. He sent3 back to a collector in England and I Im not sure about one but he kept 2. I know one was a Super Six from the hood but it had a blade fitted. and the other was a smaller rig. In few months ill get to try my hand at the County.

Return to “Graders”