Mitsubishi on real boggy ground in NZ.

Discuss graders here

Topic author
dozeron

Re: Mitsubishi on real boggy ground in NZ.

Post #11 by dozeron » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:30 am

Hi All,
Yes I agree, the tandem wheels would/could have a negative effect on the axles/bearings etc. It may well have been a short term arrangement just for this particular contract, not really to sure. I have seen first hand the problems associated with fitting 2 or 3 extra wheels to farm tractors for working boggy or soft ground, causes lots of problems!!

Robban_C

Post #12 by Robban_C » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:14 am

dozeron wrote:... I have seen first hand the problems associated with fitting 2 or 3 extra wheels to farm tractors for working boggy or soft ground, causes lots of problems!!

That´s done very often in Sweden. Sometimes even on the front wheels.
Could it be that modern tractors are better suited for dual wheels?

Lars-Gunnar:
I didn´t know that.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #13 by Holger » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Lars-Gunnar wrote:
Robban_C wrote:This grader among other big (and small) graders were also discussed here:
http://www.maskinisten.net/viewtopic.ph ... c&&start=0
I´m sorry, that thread is in Swedish but at least there are some pictures. And Nick knows enough Swedish to translate. :mrgreen:
And of course there are other Swedish members that can translate among us.

Robban!

To watch this link one must be a member or join Maskinisten. I think it is impossible post a link from Maskinisten as not work so simple we is used.

Lars-Gunnar :)

You have to be a member to be able to see the images.
Some resources:
How-To

nixs

Post #14 by nixs » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:16 pm

There are even pretty common use of triple! (Three wheels) here in Sweden on fram tractors then they comes up in size.

RDG

Post #15 by RDG » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:35 am

Hi dozeron, Where did you see that Mitsi with the duals, looks awfully like one that I saw at Papamoa near Tauranga, and was owned by Murray Salt from Tepuke, I think the duals were put on to give it more floation in the loose fluffy sand they were working in at the time.

IBH

Post #16 by IBH » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:18 am

Mitsubishi do produce some construction quipment outside of their Shin Caterpillar Mintsubishi joint venture:

Graders:
http://www.mhi.co.jp/gsh/eframe113.htm
Full grader product line:
http://www.mhi.co.jp/gsh/eframe113.htm

Deas Plant

Post #17 by Deas Plant » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:04 am

Hi, Nick Drew.
Sorry M8, but Cat hi-sprocket drives pre-date the Acco dozer by about 5 years. The first D10's, the 76X's came out in 1978 and were the first of the Caterpillar hi-sprocket drives. There were several others before that, the Cletrac model F in 1919, the Best Humpback 30 in 1916, and a Holt tracked ditcher in 1910 that had the drive sprocket where the top carrier roller would situated on say, a Cat D4, pre-hi-sprocket drive. There was also a U.S.-made agricultural crawler, the name of which I can't remember at the moment, in about 1931. I seem to remember that there is one of these jiggers in the Hiedrick Ag Museum in Woodland, Ca..

For what it's worth, I have been told that the big grader diid do a couple of beach reclamations jobs in Italy at various times. As I understand it, the reason that these machines never went to Libya to the contracts that Acco had for them was the trade embargo that was slapped on Libya after the Lockerbie plane bombing in 1983 when Libya refused to release the suspects.

Just my 0.02.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Return to “Graders”