How do I replace main lift shaft on Cat 17K grader?

Discuss graders here

Deas Plant

Re: How do I replace main lift shaft on Cat 17K grader?

Post #11 by Deas Plant » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 am

Hi, Innes.
Hmmmmm. I got out of there over 2 years ago because of the apparent violation of one of the great American freedoms. Back in the days of communist Russia, it was said that in Russia you had freedom of speech while in the Western world you had freedom even AFTER speech. It seemed to me that HEF was becoming a lot like communist Russia - - - - if you get my drift.

Steve has the legend on his posts, "God, guns and guts made America great." I think he has totally forgotten what REALLY made America great, FREEDOM and PEOPLE, not necessarily in that order.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Oldtom

Post #12 by Oldtom » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:05 pm

innes wrote:
Elishas wrote:Can anyone help with how to replace the main lift shaft on a Cat 17K grader? We are having trouble removing the existing damaged main lift shaft.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I've never heard of a 17K grader or of the term "main lift shaft",is it possible you have the model number wrong?
Do you you mean the main mold board (blade) lift rams?

17k = made in Australia

Oldtom

Post #13 by Oldtom » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Oldtom wrote:
innes wrote:
Elishas wrote:Can anyone help with how to replace the main lift shaft on a Cat 17K grader? We are having trouble removing the existing damaged main lift shaft.

Thank you!

I've never heard of a 17K grader or of the term "main lift shaft",is it possible you have the model number wrong?

17k = made in Australia

hey mate where are you send me contact I take you trying to remove blade life to reseal shaft come out of drive box ?

Oldtom

Post #14 by Oldtom » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Oldtom wrote:
innes wrote:

Thank you!

17k = made in Australia

no hydraulic ram on blade lift driven though mechanical drive using old dog clutches!

Return to “Graders”