what is it ?

Discuss graders here

BulldozerD11

Re: what is it ?

Post #11 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Looking at the photo its one of the pre wwII machines or just after as has manual controls for most functions, other than blade control. its based on a tractor but the angle of the photo makes it impossible to see what type. That cabins looks like a later addition made from a carpark / gatemans sentry box ( with the rounded corners and roof + aluminum window frames). Have you a higher resolution image ?

Tip: always take a photo of any makers plate if ones fitted when photographing old machines as remembering the details months/years later is hard ;) at shows and similar I now take a photo of the reg plate if fitted and any data/ photo board display with details (not to "publish" but for record of details of the machine and info for latter). Especially as you often get loads of similar machine on display.

Sorry not really much help with actual identity, but if I find a machine that looks similar (ignoring sentry box) will post details.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Deas Plant

Post #12 by Deas Plant » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi, Folks.
That badge on the side of the frame does remind me of an Australian 'Steelweld' badge and I'd just about bet that the farm tractor that became the power unit for this grader was an International Harvester, quite possibly one of their Farmall range of tractors.

Just a 'honeymooner's trick'.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Rough as Guts
Flag: Australia

Post #13 by Rough as Guts » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 am

A mate of mine in Lancefield has one of these, its got an International AW6 in it but I will need to ask what make the rest of it is....they intend to restore theirs...

Roel
Flag: Netherlands

Post #14 by Roel » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 am

It can be a Hamilton IH grader , i wil post a picture of a Hamilton and it looks very well on the picture .

Greetings , Roel .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Graders”