Freezing energy bills

Talk about everything else here.

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Re: Freezing energy bills

Post #21 by TrevorJ » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 am

I'm not going to say much about conspiracies, except to say, where money is to be made, there are plenty of immoral and well as amoral interests which often have ability to poke into our everyday lives. An example is the war "industry" - they certainly have companies which look forwards for more conflict. To what ends would they go?

In Australia the most fascinating thing about "conserving" power in the power grid, is there doesn't seem to be much interest in heat pump technology for heating water either for domestic use or industrial use. Power efficient light bulbs are nice, but domestically one of the biggest necessities is the hot water system. Solar heaters are nice, but just about every household or flat still has a power wasting direct power heating system. Actually many households here have a air con with plenty of waste heat to be had. Even though the reverse cycle types are recognised for the air heating potential - it seems so strange no one here promoting saving power, will venture near the subject. :think:

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: Freezing energy bills

Post #22 by martyn williams » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:49 am

As I said, time will tell, I have also read a lot of history books ( I did well in history classes in school ) as it is very important that we learn from what happened in the past.We must not make the same mistakes leading to conflict and loss of life. I used to take thing like this with a pinch of salt,but as one gets older your tend to question things more, just ask my boss :lol: You don't just need the internet for information, there are plenty of books out there for reference. I like looking into things in detail be it machines or modern history. :thumbup:
Just look at the mess the USA is in this morning. :dizzy:
Martyn

Return to “Off Topic”