Plant & Machinery Magazines

Talk about everything else here.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Plant & Machinery Magazines

Post #61 by XS650 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Its very good of you to reply on here Peter. :D A debate rages in Classic Motorcycle circles as to wether the magazines should include Japanese stuff,however they all united on the fact it should be OLD stuff.
I must admit I did not fill in your reader survey ,was their a preference for some new stuff?
I also note that this very (classic?) website carries a lot of threads/pics relating to NEW plant however as its free there's no cause to moan.
Not all those who wander are lost.

martyn williams

Post #62 by martyn williams » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:43 pm

I think CPM has had to contend with a few changes of editors over the last few years.I think it just needs a few minor tweaks.I am confident it will work out well.As Peter said, send photos and writeup in.Its the same with this website,we have 700 plus members but only a fraction put up a thread.We know these members must have a fair bit of interesting photos and info.Please don't be shy.
It would be great if CPM and CMN could work closely together to the benefit of all :thumbs_up:
Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #63 by Holger » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi,

thank you all for your contributions, here in this thread and overall on CMN!

I would like to thank Peter for his try to listen to our members and to explain the situation! You might be aware of that you reach many readers here!

Re this site: this site has no intention of beeing ONLY about "old" machinery.
I would like to see a good mix between interesting new machinery and the beautiful old iron!
Also, I would be very happy if we could reach more members from other countries, making a world wide mix perfect!
Today our valued members are mostly from the UK and Sweden.

And: I would be happy to co-operate with CP&M!
Some resources:
How-To

BulldozerD11

Post #64 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Classic Plant and Machinery,

Thanks to Peter for giving feedback on here from our comments.

And having looked at some more of the earlier issues the amount of info on new machines is probably at a similar level to what it was initially, just layout changes have made some of it appear more prominent.

Other Magazines;

Has any one come across one called "Classic Contractors Plant & Machinery" that was started in 94 by Alan t Condie publications with a trial issue and then a Spring 95 issue. It was proposed to be quarterly but did any more get published :?:
I picked these 2 issues up at a show and wonder if there are any more issues out there or was the idea dropped at the time as too much a niche market.

1st full issue features Martin of Kent vintage diggers and several articles by Authur V Smith who has contributed several articles in CP&M

Both issues have several interesting articles.

Are there any copies of the trial/Preview issues of CP&M and Earthmovers about ?

Cheers

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Martyn Henley

Post #65 by Martyn Henley » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Has any one come across one called "Classic Contractors Plant & Machinery" that was started in 94 by Alan t Condie publications

Hi Dave, yes i remember ..it was edited by Nick Johnson of Plant hire executive mag .. it also had an article about Ruston Bucyrus's 5 ton mini digger

Martyn

Renaultman

Post #66 by Renaultman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:31 pm

I read both, the only thing I wish classic plant and machinery would do is tell the readers where the pictures were taken. I love reading the stories and look at the old kit, but wished I could know which site or mine the kit was working at. It's not a big deal, it's just a personal thing realy.

XS650

Post #67 by XS650 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:57 am

The current issue of Classic Plant and Machinery is excellent .Some great 'in the field 'articles working with what is now classic plant.

pk1200

Post #68 by pk1200 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Yes Craig,have to agree as there are lots of old action photos etc this month.Good stuff.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #69 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:05 am

Must say that I was very disappointed with the September issue of Classic Plant & Machinery magazine; once again I find that it has been printed on recycled toilet paper :( plus it is now physically smaller by around 1" :(
I have already had one negative comment from somebody who has subscribed to the mag from day one as I have also done; sadly we don't get the amount of visitors on this site as we once had so for any who subscribe to the mag can I please have your feedback good or bad and I can filter this back to the magazine editor. :thumbup:

Jeremy

XS650

Post #70 by XS650 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Lost interest in it a while ago Jeremy ,I am a day one subscriber , intend to cancel sub and get one of the Classic Truck mags instead when I get round to it :thumbdown:
S'pose one problem is getting the writers for what is a fairly esoteric subject.
My interest is in the smaller type stuff seen on sites, mixers , dumpers , backhoe ,Fork lifts , mini diggers ( with us for 30 odd years now) but CPM seems to have a lot of quarry stuff and indeed new !!! plant featured . Funnily enough the modern kit mag Earthmovers seems to have endless quarry stuff as well, surely more kit is sold into the construction market than the quarry market ?
With the dozens of deceased British plant makers there must be an article or two in Winget , Barford, Benford , Liner , Johnson , Rob Roy , Whitlock, Priestman, Muir-Hill , Chaseside , Bray , Bonser , Sanderson , Coles ,Hydrocon, Allen, etc etc
It would also be nice to see articles from people who used the kit back in the day , but again it's finding them I suppose. There must be thousands of people who have worked in plant hire with a tale or two to tell .
Also would not mind more articles on construction trucks , Smaller Tippers ? Builders pick ups through the ages ? they all seem to have new Warrior's or Isuzu's these days but remember when a right motley selection of Commer Bedford Morris etc were seen.
I know there has been some articles on things mentioned above , like Drott and Hy-Mac for instance !
But one man's meat............... :)

Craig

Return to “Off Topic”