Well Done Martyn Williams

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
Ian Fletcher1970
Flag: Great Britain

Well Done Martyn Williams

Post #1 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Have just received the latest Classic Plant and Machinery. What a refreshing change to read a new column. Well done Martyn - Long may it continue. :claphands: :claphands: :claphands: :thumbup:

Ian

martyn williams

Re: Well Done Martyn Williams

Post #2 by martyn williams » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks Ian
I hope it works out ok as I am just a fitter with little experience on column writing.I just want to see a bit more on our favorite machines in magazines.I have been given a blank canvas to put down anything to do with plant. I intend to do a write up on machinery websites,restorations , and also inject some fun into the hobby.A big thank you to the editor of C P & M for letting me loose. :thumbup:
I hope I can do it justice and that the readership will be happy with my work .
Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #3 by Holger » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Great news Martyn! :thumbup: :bow:
Some resources:
How-To

argie
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by argie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Well done Martyn and keep up the good work :claphands:
Paul

Martyn Henley

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:22 pm

I will have to say that i take my hat off to ye Martyn .. and i will also have to say there is another budding columnist amongst us that will shortly be having an article put into print :thumbup: ... and another who i have heard today has had a book published .. but you will all get to know who in time.
And no its nothing to do with me.

Martyn

Topic author
Ian Fletcher1970

Post #6 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:I will have to say that i take my hat off to ye Martyn .. and i will also have to say there is another budding columnist amongst us that will shortly be having an article put into print :thumbup: ... and another who i have heard today has had a book published .. but you will all get to know who in time.
And no its nothing to do with me.

Martyn

Just reading the September edition of Earthmovers - well done Clive Gray with his article and i've spotted an advert for Argie's book :bow:
Ian

tctractors

Post #7 by tctractors » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 pm

might I enquire Martyn if your bit of monthly script in the "Beano" is going to have you hanging from some iron in every picture? if so can you please take up a more workman like pose, possibly holding a mug of tea, or rolling a fag, I find a "fag" parked into the corner of the lip area not to appealing plus I know that tabs are not for you, but it might help form a smoke screen.
Bigkits pages in Earthmovers seemed to be a repeat (nearly) of another article I had read earlier some place, the pic's made a great spread on the pages, I dont buy Earthmovers mag I only scan the pages in W.H.Smiths then pop it back on the shelf, thinking of things repeating Martyn, that roller had flattend out a few pages before in a very similar style.

martyn williams

Post #8 by martyn williams » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:49 pm

I have lots of bits of machinery to hang from Tony :lol: I have never smoked a fag,maybe once in school many moons ago.I was dapped for that :lol: I do like a mug of tea on the job.
I am more into whiskey and real ale these days. Been working on my sons Corsa and my Fordson N today.Got both up and running good now.The roller has only appeared on CMN and no other publication to my knowledge :dizzy:
I nearly ended up with its big brother,an Aveling GD ,but that deal fell through.
Why don't you follow us and put things into C P & M. ?
Are you going to the auction of Peter Fordhams ? I have been rostered to work that weekend. :(
Cheers
Martyn

argie
Flag: Wales

Post #9 by argie » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Just reading the September edition of Earthmovers - well done Clive Gray with his article and i've spotted an advert for Argie's book :bow:
Ian

Cheers Ian, just a little thing aimed at folks that aren't in the plant industry! :dizzy: Hoping for a 2nd book called "Know your bigger digger"!
Paul

tctractors

Post #10 by tctractors » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Martyn I would like to head east to the P.F. sale as there is some gems to marvel at, I will be speaking to K.B. about it over the next few days, will keep you posted, the only thing about sales is the way the prices go, I always think the thing I would love to have is worth a mint, so I go and buy something I think I can afford, only to find the mint thing makes nowt and I bunged out heavy on the wrong toy? its a bit like that CAT 951C after a 20 mile trip on a Low-Loader and popping off a few panels it turned into a 951B, I new the return to dig spool on the bucket ram looked sort of wrong.

Return to “Off Topic”