Energy bills

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
martyn williams

Energy bills

Post #1 by martyn williams » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:13 pm

As our so called summer comes to an end we see that our gas and electricity bills will be higher next month.Just as the weather gets cooler. So much for Thatchers promise of the 1980's,cheaper bills and shares in the companies.The people of this country have been well and truely shafted.Rail fares are also to increase by 8%. A lot of transport firms will go to the wall because of the high cost of diesel.
Even gas oil is expensive now. To fill up a railway locomotive now costs £5000,that will last about 5 days.
Where are the fuel protesters gone ? The price of crude has dropped but its not being passed on at the pumps.£1.40 per ltr now
Then you got the so called green energy.We have a windfarm close by,some have had their propellers removed whilst the others don't seem to be working all the time.This country has become too reliant on energy from other countries.They have got us by the balls.It makes one mad when you see how much coal reserves we have in the UK.
With government cuts and everything else going on ,is there any hope for us all ? :dizzy:
Martyn

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Energy bills

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Like I've said before Martyn the riots we have just had were a "storm in a tea cup" but wait till there's no power, no fuel and more importantly no food!! Then the lid will truly come off :(

Whilst most governmental systems eventually collapse or bring about their own demise I suppose that capitalism has done well to last as long as it has, but make no mistakes the "goose" has already been well and truly cooked so it won't be laying anymore golden eggs. :think:

I just cannot see how things can continue as they are, we are heading for a record crash. :cry: :dizzy:

Jeremy

v64paul

Post #3 by v64paul » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:02 pm

A report on the BBC last night said that energy produced by wind turbines is the most costly. Once the initial cost of manufacture and servicing is done wth, the energy source is free and eternally renewable. Who is pulling who's leg?
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 pm

v64paul wrote:A report on the BBC last night said that energy produced by wind turbines is the most costly. Once the initial cost of manufacture and servicing is done wth, the energy source is free and eternally renewable. Who is pulling who's leg?

Paul please do not believe anything that you hear on the BBC its the great British propaganda machine, I would no longer believe anything I hear or see on the Beeb.

Mind to be fair so is the rest of radio and television in general thats why I never bother with tele and don't own one and turn the radio off at work in my office when I hear the crap coming out of it.

Jeremy

ian white

Post #5 by ian white » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:59 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:As our so called summer comes to an end we see that our gas and electricity bills will be higher next month.Just as the weather gets cooler. So much for Thatchers promise of the 1980's,cheaper bills and shares in the companies.The people of this country have been well and truely shafted.Rail fares are also to increase by 8%. A lot of transport firms will go to the wall because of the high cost of diesel.
Even gas oil is expensive now. To fill up a railway locomotive now costs £5000,that will last about 5 days.
Where are the fuel protesters gone ? The price of crude has dropped but its not being passed on at the pumps.£1.40 per ltr now
Then you got the so called green energy.We have a windfarm close by,some have had their propellers removed whilst the others don't seem to be working all the time.This country has become too reliant on energy from other countries.They have got us by the balls.It makes one mad when you see how much coal reserves we have in the UK.
With government cuts and everything else going on ,is there any hope for us all ? :dizzy:
Martyn

everything seems to be going up,this government isnt interested, in the working class, im back on the same rate, as i was on seven years ago :evil:

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Martyn Henley » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:14 am

Jeremy, Paul is right, i have heard this from many sources over the last year or so ....
http://www.bwea.com/energy/myths.html
And that was from a random quick search on google.... we have two farms here off the Kent coast, one off Whitstable with about 30 turbines, and the Thant wind farm off Ramsgate, i think there is about 100 there now...but you know the silly thing about it, both farms are not connected to anything yet... they are still building the transfer station ...the farm off Whistable has been up for 10 years :dizzy: going round and round all day and night non stop ...there are a few that have passed their sell by date and have had to replace the turbines through wear.. at what cost :dizzy:

I dont know what the answer is but i think this wind farm is just a EU thing, to seem to be doing something about reducing the "carbon footprint"... and this EU are the same people that said Bio fuels is the way to go .. so with an increasing world population, what do they do, they start to destroy the rainforests to make room for fields of whatever crop they use for Bio fuel ... so now the EU are trying to back track now over Bio fuels ...

Nuclear fuel, :think: Strange that after the Tsunami in Japan, they showed the horrors of horrors, apart from the Tsunami, that power station exploding like it did, sent shock waves around the globe to every government, ah yes but although ours are built on the coast's, Britain dont have Tsunami's :think: .... now it transpires that Britains shorelines have had Tsunami's in the past, the last one was in the 1600's, killing about 2000 people as it came up the Severn Estuary at just over 4 to 5 meters high, caused by a landslip out at sea in the St Georges channel... what is the answer.

One thing is for sure, this world is changing and its all going to end in tears.

Martyn

redleicester

Post #7 by redleicester » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 pm

This week my oil boiler has been ripped out, and a shiny biomass boiler has gone in instead. Bring on the winter!

Heating bills now consist of my time plus two-stroke instead of a £4kpa oil habit. :)

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #8 by martyn williams » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Along with higher energy bills the government has just released details of the very latest rolling stock that should reduce overcrowding on our trains.Its fully air conditioned and gives its passengers a good all round view.
Well done Cameron and co for updating our railway system :thumbup: privitisation does work :lol:
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”