Another option for starting out....

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
ben_uk

Another option for starting out....

Post #1 by ben_uk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Hello,

As some of you maybe aware for the past few months now i have been trying to find my way into starting a career in operating plant (360's and backhoe's)

Not been having much luck. More than likey due to the current state of the trade not much work around :( no doubt it will pick up agian at some point ! but when :?:

So just been sitting around at home today and saw an advert for the army on TV, been on the web site and came across this job, MILITARY ENGINEER (PLANT OPERATOR MECHANIC) http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/jobs/Pages/J ... category=2

Anyone on here no anyone that does this ?

What are your views on it ? like to hear what u guys think :)

Thanks Ben :thumbs_up:

d4c24a

Re: Another option for starting out....

Post #2 by d4c24a » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

you could do alot worse ben ,i was going to join when i left school if i could not get a job
you will be getting your lgv licence too ,they will train you to do everything by the book
it must be worth a look :thumbs_up:
i remember working on a camp down at warminster we layed a duct line to a outpost on the edge of the plains ,stone lorries were constantly running in all day, every day the army lads had tracked shovels , dozer's 360,s graders ,dump trucks ,rollers you name it they had it there ,they were repairing/rebuilding the tracks across the plains ,one day this tired old ex army now painted yellow D6c trundled up to this out post and the operator an old boy began cleaning out his tracks with the 2" high pressure hose that the tanks used ,i went and spoke to him ,when i asked what he was doing he said ,i follow these lads around and when they have done the best they can me and this old girl tidy up after them :lol:
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Return to “Off Topic”