Trailer test / entitlements

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Trailer test / entitlements

Post #1 by hair bear » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 pm

I don't know if this is mentioned elsewhere but I feel needs more clarification.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-rules-f ... utumn-2021
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

MrF
Flag: France

Re: Trailer test / entitlements

Post #2 by MrF » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:53 pm

I saw that. I wonder if they're thinking of helping covering their driver shortages by getting more 3,5t vans with box trailers on the road & moving stuff with them to skirt needing drivers with a c1 for a 7.5t box van for some stuff.
What with that, and driving for more hours on the tacho suddenly becoming safe again exciting times may lie ahead for you :)

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Trailer test / entitlements

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:29 am

MrF wrote:I saw that. I wonder if they're thinking of helping covering their driver shortages by getting more 3,5t vans with box trailers on the road & moving stuff with them to skirt needing drivers with a c1 for a 7.5t box van for some stuff.
What with that, and driving for more hours on the tacho suddenly becoming safe again exciting times may lie ahead for you :)

It may just be more appropriate if HGV drivers were truly appreciated and paid the wage they deserve instead of a pittance it's a hard job that has got harder over the years with unwanted interference from VOSA. the government and bosses, the only thing which has got easier is driving the trucks with most now having an automatic gearbox, although the speed limiters are an unwanted nuisance to both truck drivers and road users alike. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Off Topic”