First letter sent....

Talk about everything else here.

Col 140

Re: First letter sent....

Post #71 by Col 140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:04 am

:?:
Last edited by Col 140 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #72 by Martyn Henley » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 am

I just used to put ..engaged on general site work as instructed. :dizzy:

Martyn

d4c24a

Post #73 by d4c24a » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 am

i got caught out when i took my nvq for 360,s ,the co i was working for at the time could put a number of people through training for free on some government deal ,i had to go to brinsbury collage and take my log book with me ,so i spent the next few night filling it in with anything got my supervisor to sign it a hey presto done ;) bit of a joke really isnt it
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Col 140

Post #74 by Col 140 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 am

:?:
Last edited by Col 140 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

tone_rmz250

Post #75 by tone_rmz250 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am

Yeah i did exacly the same thing graham, it's a total load of bu##*hit, i'm now on my blue card, do i need to carry on filling out a log book??? :dizzy: . the other thing to consider when taking tickets you may not be using is, and don't quote me on this but as far as i understand, when you have done ur 300hrs in your log book you have to take your nvq, nvq's as far as i can remember arnt that cheap maybe up to 500 pounds each? but i don't think you get away with doing just one nvq, i think you have to do one for pretty much every catorgorie you have, although having said that if you were to have 180 and 360 on a red card then that comes under one nvq because they are both excavators, but obveously if you had say 180, 360, forward tipping dumper, roller, dozer, dumptruck. the amount of nvq's would add up which would be quite costly to you, maybe something to look into, :( , it's a really crap system, drivers should be judged on ability not what piece of paper they have got, and they should have more respect for the old school drivers who no the job inside out, but are put off by taking all these tickets due to the hasle and amount of paper work they need to do.

Martyn Henley

Post #76 by Martyn Henley » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:34 pm

it's a really crap system, drivers should be judged on ability not what piece of paper they have got, and they should have more respect for the old school drivers who no the job inside out, but are put off by taking all these tickets due to the hasle and amount of paper work they need to do.

You are so right there...
I got my first CITB ticket under grand father rights way back in 1987, covering more or less all general plant that a plant hire company would use, that includes dozers, dump trucks 180's 360's and track loaders ..then they found out that they were not making enough money so they changed it ..thats when it got really silly .. its created a whole industry around safety, and to justify their jobs they have to change it every so often to keep the pen pushing jobs worths in work, and with each change they make, they charge more. :x

Martyn

diggerjones

Post #77 by diggerjones » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 pm

i run a mini and 180, got both tickets never filled in any log books. i work for myself so dont need to fill it in. i agree with every one else if i were stil driving for other firms i would fill it in once a year, like i do when i do my accounts.

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #78 by ben_uk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 pm

Well managed to get back working start tomorrow :thumbs_up:

Been out of work 6 days, nice to get some money again.

Labouring on another site, only there till end of next week but its 7 days work.

Let u no how i get on tomorrow :thumbs_up:

Topic author
ben_uk

Post #79 by ben_uk » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:36 pm

This is becoming my blog :lol:

Well done my first day, i hated it :shock: :(

I am just labouring for some brickwork contractors, only there till next friday thank god !

Never worked on a site this big, its massive ! felt totally losted all day no one seems interested in talking to me apart from this one guy who i am there to replace while hes on holiday for next week. Hes not there tomorrow though, so god knows how i will get on. Got another job to ring first thing tomorrow so see if i can move on lol

Plus side loads of plant there to watch !!! forget the name of the plant company Hawk i think it was :?: :?:

Hopefully might get to have a chat to some of the operators if i can get close enough, thats it my foreman dont catch me lol

Joes1989

Post #80 by Joes1989 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 pm

Hawk plant have the vast majority of Komatsu machines theres been a couple of there stuff on the M1 widening (PC228's) and currently a big Komatsu PC450LC-8 on the Round-a-bout on JCT 26.

Joe

Return to “Off Topic”