Classic Plant errors

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
RichardJW~

Classic Plant errors

Post #1 by RichardJW~ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:48 am

is it just me who finds it annoying when the machine description doesn't match the photo?
i'm no expert but can vaguely make out the relative sizes of the machines and even the decals which with a close look are clearly not matching what is written

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Classic Plant errors

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:52 am

RichardJW~ wrote:is it just me who finds it annoying when the machine description doesn't match the photo?
i'm no expert but can vaguely make out the relative sizes of the machines and even the decals which with a close look are clearly not matching what is written

Hi Richard I take it you are talking about Classic Plant & Machinery magazine? If that's the case then yes it annoys me even more when I have written an article and the wrong caption appears underneath the wrong picture; this is not down to the editor but the actual people who do the type setting, it also sometimes happens in books but that's a rarer occurrence.

Jeremy

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by tctractors » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:23 am

Classic Plant, did a blinder in the Tracked Loading Shovels tail, they or someone? managed to get nearly every Shovel detail wrong, I am thinking of sending in a few articles of my own with a condition "Now't removed or messed with" but I know it would only be hacked up to make way for more Sh1te on new JCB's, or not accepted in any way due to my oddish verbs, but the Rag needs something with a bit of guts stuffed in it including a bit of fun. tctractors

Topic author
RichardJW~

Post #4 by RichardJW~ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Jeremy, thats the one. Thanks for clarifying where the fault lies. Need to get some money back off the type-setters for not doing their job properly :-)

Tony, that article was what made me put pen to paper.....or whatever we do on a computer....some really top pictures in that article and some familiar names like Daintons and Westpoint

essexpete

Post #5 by essexpete » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:22 pm

RichardJW~ wrote:Jeremy, thats the one. Thanks for clarifying where the fault lies. Need to get some money back off the type-setters for not doing their job properly :-)

Tony, that article was what made me put pen to paper.....or whatever we do on a computer....some really top pictures in that article and some familiar names like Daintons and Westpoint

You now be able to go back to sleep until the grockells return in the spring :D

Topic author
RichardJW~

Post #6 by RichardJW~ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:21 pm

essexpete wrote:

You now be able to go back to sleep until the grockells return in the spring :D

hahahaha..........We'll leave hibernation to the part-time flat-land farmers up-country who have no concept of looking after livestock ;)

Grockells already showing up to spend Christmas in their 2nd homes and moan that the footpaths are too muddy for "one's expensive shoes"....they actually have a Faceache page dedicated to the idiots who drive their RangeRovers down on to the foreshore to launch their boats and then get stuck....you couldn't make it up what some of them do

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #7 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:03 am

Hi,
A "Classic" example of a "Classic Plant" error here. :roll: What Caterpillar D6 :?: :?: :?:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #8 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:50 am

Yes Fred there are those types of error too; they are down to the person who wrote the article and the issue not being picked up, the typo errors and picture/caption mismatch is down to the type setters. I may wrongly assume here but Kelsey publishing may use the same type setters for other magazines in their range of magazines?
Try my best to contribute half decent articles anyway :lol:

Jeremy

modelman093

Post #9 by modelman093 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:38 am

Don't have any knowledge of the technicalities of magazine publishing such as why the February 2016 issue arrived on December 28th but perhaps taking a bit longer to proof read the mag would be useful.
Anyway, thought that it was a bumper issue or even included a 2016 wall planner, but no - just two in one envelope!
Happy New Year to all.

tctractors

Post #10 by tctractors » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Well this months Mag did manage to improve some on the loading shovel detail, only 2 had the incorrect info affixed to them, on page 33 a CAT 933 was called a 941, on page 34 (top) I don't think that is a 977 more like a No 6 that fits in a bit before the 9 series loaders? the Next Month page is still managing to say what it never delivers though, but it was nice to see that Peter Love was well ticked off with the rouge headings in last months comic, the little details often annoy the reading of a story if they are so way off as last month, so well done on thing this time.

tctractors

Return to “Off Topic”