Just when you think you've seen it all

Talk about everything else here.

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Just when you think you've seen it all

Post #1 by hair bear » Mon May 11, 2015 9:29 pm

One of those moments where a dash cam is the only thing that may confirm your suspicions. I was going through some roadworks in Farnborough today, very slow traffic, single lane with Heras down both sides. There's a few guys in the works to my left, didn't take a lot of notice but then one individual in full ppe appeared from somewhere walking behind me in the live lane, I've no idea where he came from. So he just wanders through the traffic with a carrier bag over his arm and goes across to talk to the others through the fence - I guess he's been to the shops for sarnies for them. They looked suprised to see him and opened the fence but didn't let him through which seemed a bit odd, almost as if they didn't know him, but as I got closer I could see it wasn't food he had in the bag.
Wether he was part of the works crew from another part of the site or a total chancer I don't know but the bag appeared to contain some small white cubic boxes and the one he had open and was showing through the fence had what looked like (from where I was sitting) a large expensive watch in it - the sort of thing they used to try to sell you in service area car parks, and the longer I watched the more this is exactly what it looked like was going on. By this time I was well past them but the last I saw he was still standing in the running lane.
Most bizzare!
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Just when you think you've seen it all

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 11, 2015 9:34 pm

No this sort of thing does not surprise me at all; you'd be surprised at just how characters like this we used to have wander into my old works, fortunately where I work now has a security guard on agate house that stops this sort of thing.

Jeremy

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Just when you think you've seen it all

Post #3 by hair bear » Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 pm

We used to get people turn up at the stores door from time to time selling DVDs ect. and I've even been stopped in the high street on a Saturday morning but it's years now since I've seen any of this kind of operation.
Wondering now if it was in a cosy safe deposit box before easter. ;)
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Return to “Off Topic”